Unable to redeem google drive offer on new chromebook (CP713 - 1WN)

Options
vbx
vbx Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
The model is CP713 - 1WN
MFG Date: 2019/07/20

The device is newly bought from amazon.ca and it came sealed in box. (actually this is a replacement because same offer failed on first device and wasn't sure it was truly new)
The offer is found here: https://www.google.com/intl/en_ca/chromebook/offers/ but can be accessed from other pages. The result is always the same, after a couple dialog windows when checks for device eligibility it fails.

I have checked that the device os was up to date, no extension in chrome, I powerwashed the device at least once

I asked google one support for help, it appears my account is in order (I actually tried the same offer on a new google account as well but it failed to claim the offer) and they recommended to check with Acer.

Could it be that this device isn't eligible for chromebook perks as google support stated?

I will add that I also contacted acer support but the best answer so far was that this model number might simply not be eligible. 

thanks

Answers

• Harvey-Acer_Retired
    Harvey-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 330 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi vbx,

Sorry, just to clarify, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. This community is not a direct portal to Customer service or sales (store), Acer employees (moderators) read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some will interact with members when appropriate, but primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

I recommend you to please contact the store customer service line directly for better assistance:  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Thank you for your interest and participation in the Acer Support Forums.

Note: This thread will be now closed. 

Best Regards, 

Acer-Harvey 

Smile :)
This discussion has been closed.