Acer 348.02207.0011 Motherboard

Hello,
The Acer 348.02207.0011 Motherboard seems to be present in lot of 5 years old computers (such as Packard Bell iMedia S2984 / Celeron N3050).
Where can I find all the technical characteristics of this MB ? None of my Google asks gave me answers.
I just saw that max memory is 8GB SODIMM 12800 (1600 MHz).
Opening the computer, I saw an extension socket. What kind of slot is it (I guess PCIe) ? I need one to extend SATA connectors (both of them are for HDD and DVD).
I also saw what is kind of WiFi connector. But, if yes, what do you do with antenna cconnectors on the WiFi module ?
Is it possible to change processor for a more powerfull one ? Is it usefull ? Is it possible due to the small external power (19V - 3.2A) ?
To resume, I did not find any precise technical data about this MB.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,268 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    And it looks like I don't have access to that Packard Bell model, or to the TC-701. It might be they are too old for me or they were shipped in a region I don't have access to. :( With a bit more Googling though I found that it looks like the XC-704 models might use that motherboard. Does this look right?
    Since the processors are soldered on with these they have different model numbers for each processor they shipped with, which makes it tougher to get as many details.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    1. The typical upgrade path is to replace the HDD with a SSD. If you want to use the old HDD as extra storage, then you replace the ODD with the HDD. The boot from card is an issue with the cards, they have to have an onboard BIOS of their own to be bootable, and that's normally only found on high end RAID cards.
    2. Yes, #20 is a M.2 key E slot specifically for a WLAN card. You do need antennas unless the computer is going to have the router physically sitting on top. And for that you're better off with a wire :)
    3. As long as the SO-DIMMS are two 4GB cards, DDR3L 1.35V you should be golden. Note that the chipset supports 1600/1333/1066 speeds, so unless budgets get in the way use 1600.
    Keep us informed as you progress! :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Which Acer models use the motherboard? I can look up specs by the model and answer at least some of your questions.
  • GandalfLeGris
    GandalfLeGris Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited February 2020
    Thanks for your answer.
    Sorry, I posted in 2 subjects : Acer & Legacy Desktops. In fact, it's a Packard Bell iMedia S2984 with Acer MB DIBSWL-aBrian-4LMB (348.02207.0011) with Intel Celeron N3050 & 4GB SODIMM DDR3 that seems to be also in an Acer Aspire ATC-701 (not sure)
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    And it looks like I don't have access to that Packard Bell model, or to the TC-701. It might be they are too old for me or they were shipped in a region I don't have access to. :( With a bit more Googling though I found that it looks like the XC-704 models might use that motherboard. Does this look right?
    Since the processors are soldered on with these they have different model numbers for each processor they shipped with, which makes it tougher to get as many details.
  • GandalfLeGris
    Thanks again for your prompt anwer.

That's the right one ! Thanks for your search ! You're the best ! I only found eBay offers when googling the MB references.

I also checked other things...

I wanted to add an SSD in such a desktop : but I read that there is no way to boot on the PCI Express slot #21 with sata or Nvme adapter due to the old model of this MB and BIOS. Don't even know which version of PCI Express is present on this MB (2.0, 3.0,...).
    The only way to improve boot time is to disconnect DVD drive (almost never used anymore) and replace it by a SATA SSD.

I also asked myself about the extension slot #20. Seems to be for a WiFi adpater. But what to do with the antenna cables ? Are they needed (guess yes) ?

And, finally, I also found a 8GB SODIMM DDR3 12800 maximum (2 x 4 GB).

Let me know if I am right or wrong.

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    1. The typical upgrade path is to replace the HDD with a SSD. If you want to use the old HDD as extra storage, then you replace the ODD with the HDD. The boot from card is an issue with the cards, they have to have an onboard BIOS of their own to be bootable, and that's normally only found on high end RAID cards.
    2. Yes, #20 is a M.2 key E slot specifically for a WLAN card. You do need antennas unless the computer is going to have the router physically sitting on top. And for that you're better off with a wire :)
    3. As long as the SO-DIMMS are two 4GB cards, DDR3L 1.35V you should be golden. Note that the chipset supports 1600/1333/1066 speeds, so unless budgets get in the way use 1600.
    Keep us informed as you progress! :)

• GandalfLeGris
    edited February 2020
    Many thanks to you again.
    All is clear and you found answers to all my questions.
    Have a nice day.
    Subject can be closed.
  • billsey
    Great! Let us know if you have any other questions.
  • martin_man
    martin_man Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I have an xc 704, motherboard  DIBSWL aBrian 4L MB , 14074-1 , 348.02203.0011.
    using latest XC-704 provided bios B3, the mobo supports my two 8Gb Samsung PC3L-12800S, windows boots with 16bg and works pretty well. SDD in sata works well too, the m.2 is , I think, only for Wireless adapter, I used multiples wireless adapter many worked, but new generation are not supported, intel 9xxx 8xxx ax2xx were not detected even, but 7165 works fine, only wifi of course with ac and bandwidth is hight to reach my cable limit 500mbs, but not the bluetooth, even with new ac Azurewave only Wifi works, bt is not detected, not even listed in rfkill cmd on linux or anywhere else.
    for PCI, it is  PCI 2.0 x16, I have Nvidia zotac gt710 and it works fine, no dual/siwtchable graphic only one works, intel one intel HD405 with the celeron J3xxx works fine too (the PC is not built for 4k)