Aspire A515-54 hung up or reboot

Options
GeorgeDev
GeorgeDev Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just bought an Aspire A515-54 in January. I always keep the power on. But from time to time, the machine got hung up or reboot once a day or a few days. First time I find was in the morning the machine was reboot in the night. I thought it was some OS upgrade. After happening with multiple times, I felt it unusual. Recently I got some experiences of hung up. The keyboard and mouse don't response at all. And then I heard large noise of fan. It started running fast. I have to press the power button to shut down.

Another thing is, I tried to create a support ticket, but unfortunately I can't find A515-54 model. What can I do?

Thanks

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,480 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes. v1.16. You don't have the G model with the nvidia graphics. So it shouldn't affect the integrated Intel graphics. Like noted earlier, if it doesn't fix your issue, then we go from there. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options
    Click Windows start icon. Click settings. Click System. Click power & sleep. Change all settings to NEVER. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GeorgeDev

Tinkerer

Options
    I don't set to any sleep mode except monitor. This morning I got reboot again. Just a few hours to the hung up last night.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>This morning I got reboot again>>>
    In the Windows icon start menu, search 'advanced'. Click view advanced system settings. Click Startup&Recovery. Uncheck automatically restart. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GeorgeDev

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks. I will try it tonight.
  • GeorgeDev

Tinkerer

Options
    I changed the setting according your suggestion. I checked the log, before it was reboot, it has a critical issue.

The device ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor (location Port_#0007.Hub_#0001) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash.  Windows will attempt to restart the device in the shared process 1 more times before moving the device in its own process.  Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

And then it was reboot.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff80769b73358, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: e1a8310
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • GeorgeDev

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks. But for security reason, how can I trust this. I'd better get an official support patch.
  • JackE
    Options
    egydiocoelho   provided you with an official ACER download site. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GeorgeDev

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks. Updated.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Post the result here.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • GeorgeDev

Tinkerer

Options
    I just got hung and reboot again. The first error is the following.

: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

Could you help me open a ticket so I can send you the full log from this until the reboot. For security reason, I don't want to post my full log.

Thanks,

George
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the version bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• GeorgeDev

Tinkerer

Options
    BIOS VERSION/Date: Insyde corp. v1.12 2019-08-23
    SMBIOS Version: 3.2
    BIOS Mode: UEFI
  • JackE
    Options
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GeorgeDev

Tinkerer

Options
    OK. Thanks.
  • GeorgeDev

Tinkerer

Options
    Before I start this, just double check is this one?

BIOS Update Nvidia N17S-G5 VBIOS to 86.07.91.00.0D

Date: 2020/01/09

Version: 1.16

Vendor: Acer

Size: 13.6 MB

And what if the update fail, what will happen and what should I do?
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I just bought an Aspire A515-54 in January.>>>>

You want the BIOS v1.16 update, not the VBIOS. If it fails or doesn't fix the problem, you'd then either arrange for warranty service at this link using your machine's serial number id (SNID) https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/support ----OR---  you'd return it to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange if the vendor's RMA returns period hasn't expired yet (usually less than a month). Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GeorgeDev

Tinkerer

Options
    I got bit confuse. I clicked the bios download link and expend the Bios/firmware section. And got this. I assume I should download the latest one. Please clarify. 

BTW, my machine passed the return time window from Bestbuy. I have to ask for support if it doesn't work.

this
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes. v1.16. You don't have the G model with the nvidia graphics. So it shouldn't affect the integrated Intel graphics. Like noted earlier, if it doesn't fix your issue, then we go from there. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GeorgeDev

Tinkerer

Options
    Applied and reboot well. Let's see in next few days. Thanks.