New Graphics Drivers for my Switch SW713-51GNP

Sthiel
Sthiel Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I purchased an External HD DVD player for my Switch 7 and while I meet the hardware requirements for HD DVD playback the graphics drivers I have for the Intel GPU are from 2018 and a newer version is required.  The 2018 drivers are the latest from the Acer site and while Intel has drivers as recent Jan. 2020 they won't install because they system requires OEM drivers.

Answers

• You must first download the latest versions from the intel and nvidia websites. Then disable wireless and go to the device manager to uninstall and delete the intel and nvidia drivers. Restart windows and install the latest drivers.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Shouldn't it be using the NVIDIA drivers for onscreen playback? I was under the impression the Intel drivers were only applicable to external monitors. Or is the MX150 driver also too old for the playback software you are using?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sthiel
    Sthiel Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    Shouldn't it be using the NVIDIA drivers for onscreen playback? I was under the impression the Intel drivers were only applicable to external monitors. Or is the MX150 driver also too old for the playback software you are using?
    The NVIDIA drivers are also from 2018.  I tried running it by right clicking on the exe and selecting the MX150 from the menu but it fails with the same error. I did that before even contacting support.  Cyberlink (the software company whose software was bundled with the drive) support took the Dxdiag file and other files and said it was because the Intel drivers were outdated and I needed to update.  My drivers are current to the Acer support website but almost all of the drivers are from 2018, they don't seem to update anything.

I haven't tried what egydiocoelho suggested yet as it seems rather extreme to completely remove both the Intel and nVidia drivers so I was hoping for some less extreme responses but it looks like that's my only option at this point.  The drive/software works fine for DVDs and Blu-Rays it's just the HD Blu-Rays (4k) that fail and I don't have too many of those yet so it hasn't become a big issue.  I paid for a HD drive though so it would be nice if it could actually do what I paid for.
  • It is not a measure. The problem is that intel and nvidia are making available dch drivers, which can only be installed, if you uninstall and delete the standard drivers first.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)