how to change acer 5820tg dvd eject button cable?

Options
amir9121
amir9121 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
hi
i want to change my acer 5820tg dvd eject button cable? but i do not know what kind of ribbon flat i should to buy? i mean a or b  ribbon flat? how many pins should it have? distance between pins is how much?(0.5 or 1 millimeter)? 
Overall what should I buy?
i would be happy if any body could help me.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options
    The eject circuit is part of the optical drive itself. This model had 11 possible drives. Which one you have? You might be better off replacing the drive if it has a problem. Very inexpensive nowadays, even BluRay. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• amir9121
    Options
    thanks for your answering, but acer 5820tg has tow Button at the wright side of top of the keyboard for dvd eject and battery switch plan. this tow button connect to motherboard with a ribbon flat cable that i attach its pic as picture number 1. the flat ribbon connect to a socket at the motherboard which i mention it as picture number 2... by the way i need to know whate is the size, number and kind of this flat ribbon... 
    i could be happy if any body could help me...
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Here it is on Ebay, you have to buy the whole mini board but it comes with the cable but you can contact the seller to confirm. It is shipped from Australia but they deliver worldwide 
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Acer-5820-5820TG-DVD-ODD-Eject-Button-Function-Board-DAZR7BP18D0-3PZR7SB0000/332396173800?hash=item4d645b19e8:g:x8cAAOSwaDZZzxcQ

Please click YES If I have answered your question 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• amir9121
    Options
    thanks again yes i saw it before...in fact my photo are from this link...in fact i need exactly to know what is this ribbon flat specification...
    Anyway, I appreciate you very much...
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    amir9121 said:
    thanks again yes i saw it before...in fact my photo are from this link...in fact i need exactly to know what is this ribbon flat specification...
    Anyway, I appreciate you very much...

The specification for the ribbon does not appear in the Tech Service guide, seems like a whole lot of trouble just trying to get the ribbon, if it was me I’d buy the whole thing and have done with it

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★