XB271HU A - very unhappy

Hoda70
Hoda70 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Hi
I have had this monitor for two weeks (brand new from amazon) and it has started to randomly display a vertical thin blue line just off centre to the right of the display.   This is on windows / gaming etc.  I have rebooted the monitor and the blue line is still there even through the startup splash screen?

running at 1440p @165hz.  I have also tried 144hz  G Sync is on for full and windowed displays.

Any advice would be great or do I need to RMA this?

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yup, it's likely a problem with the hardware, there's a bit stuck on that matches that vertical position. Either swap it out with your vendor (fastest) or contact Acer support for warranty repair.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hoda70 said:
    Hi
    I have had this monitor for two weeks (brand new from amazon) and it has started to randomly display a vertical thin blue line just off centre to the right of the display.   This is on windows / gaming etc.  I have rebooted the monitor and the blue line is still there even through the startup splash screen?

running at 1440p @165hz.  I have also tried 144hz  G Sync is on for full and windowed displays.

I am very sorry to see that your Acer monitor is presenting a blue line on the LCD screen. Please contact your local Acer support center for better assistance at your earliest convenience: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact

Thank you,
    Acer-Manny

Answers

• Hoda70
    Please see photo below 

• Jarnis
    Jarnis Member Posts: 6 New User
    Fairly obvious case of "warranty exists for a reason"
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yup, it's likely a problem with the hardware, there's a bit stuck on that matches that vertical position. Either swap it out with your vendor (fastest) or contact Acer support for warranty repair.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Hoda70
    many thanks for the advice
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hoda70 said:
    Hi

I am very sorry to see that your Acer monitor is presenting a blue line on the LCD screen. Please contact your local Acer support center for better assistance at your earliest convenience: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact

Thank you,
    Acer-Manny