Swift SF314-41 Fingerprint Sensor Unreliable

Vista56
Vista56 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I've had this Swift SF314-41 laptop for about a month now and the fingerprint scanner rarely recognises my fingerprint after the 3 attempts allowed. I've reprogrammed my fingerprints a number of times without any improvement. I have the latest driver (3.5.3.19) and windows updates. It may be an issue with my fingerprint, but I don't have the same issue with my phone fingerprint sensor. Any advice please?

At the moment I've reverted back to using a pin, but the fingerprint sensor was a selling point because of its usefulness on my mobile phone. 

Answers

• AlvinPalatty
    AlvinPalatty Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have also the same issue. Need two three attempts to get recognised bt the finger print scanner.
  • ed4myra
    ed4myra Member Posts: 80 Fixer WiFi Icon
    same here with my sf314-56G. Updates of this driver are rare.
    Seems to work better after a windows restart, so must be memory management of the driver
  • Did these problems occur after updating windows?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ed4myra
    ed4myra Member Posts: 80 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Did these problems occur after updating windows?
    no since having the laptop, have had 4-5 Windows quarterly updates already and no improvement as there is hardly any update improvement on the fingerprint driver. i know other laptops that just have better readers from day 1
  • Can you inform the device's hardware?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)