XB241H Issues with duel monitor set up

IronCraft
IronCraft Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
I have just bought a x34p and I have a XB241H. I tried to do a duel monitor set up but every time I hook both of them up it freeze my pC the both work independently and I have a old Asus 144 hz moniter that I hooked up with the X34 an it works with it not sure why but the 2 Acer monitors will not work together
system windows 10 GPU 1080ti  mother board mSI meg ace  cpu 9900k

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Which ports are you trying?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • IronCraft
    Display ports 
  • billsey
    Identical cables? I'm thinking maybe a ground loop between them through the cables... If you can plug the two monitors into different outlets it might help with the diagnosis.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • IronCraft
    Yeah it now works what would cause that if been pc gaming for 20 years and I have never seen this b4
  • IronCraft
    Nvm it stops working after I reset my computer even when they are plugged in to separate outlets on 2 different  circuits 
  • billsey
    OK, so not a ground loop through the cables then. :( Maybe MSI has some idea what's going on?