Aspire A315 55G 53X2 (SSD + HDD) HDD is not detected by Windows 10

DLog
DLog Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

I have purchased Acer Aspire A315 55G 53X2 with 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD, which runs on Windows 10 Home, less than a month ago. However, the HDD is not detected by Windows most of the time when I open my lap. HDD is not showing in Disk Management, Device Manager, BIOS and also in File Explorer. I tried all the possibilities. Earlier it showed after several times of PC restart, or after the reset of Windows, but now neither of them is working. All the drivers are up-to-date, including Windows (V1909, OS Build 18363). Even my BIOS is running on latest version - 1.12.
I have to resolve this as soon as possible.
I hope somebody can help me with this.

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,265 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020 Answer ✓
    >>>I have purchased Acer Aspire A315 55G 53X2 with 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD, >>>However, the HDD is not detected by Windows most of the time>>>

If either HDD0 or HDD1 is intermittently missing in the BIOS INFO TAB as @egydiocoelho asked  or listed as none, then 2.5" HDD is either failing or its connector to the mainboard needs to be re-seated to clean up its contacts. This could be a bit complicated to access this connector for this model. So quickly return the machine to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange before the vendor's RMA policy period expires usually only a week or two. ACER warranty repair service will take longer. Jack E/NJ

Edited the thread to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• Hi,
    Could you please post the Disk management snip like mine.

• It would be interesting to know if the hdd is recognized in intel rapid storage and also check if the sata mode is in ahci or rst with optane.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DLog
    Hi,
    Could you please post the Disk management snip like mine.

Hi,
    Here is the Disk Management snip.

Here is the Device Manager snip.

• Check here too:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DLog
    It would be interesting to know if the hdd is recognized in intel rapid storage and also check if the sata mode is in ahci or rst with optane.
    Hi,
    It isn't recognized by intel rapid storage.

And SATA mode is in RST with Optane.
  • Is hdd recognized in the bios information guide?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DLog
    Is hdd recognized in the bios information guide?
    Hi egydiocoelho,
    No, HDD isn't recognized in BIOS as well. It says HDD0 status is none while showing the SSD status in HDD1.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,265 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020 Answer ✓
    >>>I have purchased Acer Aspire A315 55G 53X2 with 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD, >>>However, the HDD is not detected by Windows most of the time>>>

If either HDD0 or HDD1 is intermittently missing in the BIOS INFO TAB as @egydiocoelho asked  or listed as none, then 2.5" HDD is either failing or its connector to the mainboard needs to be re-seated to clean up its contacts. This could be a bit complicated to access this connector for this model. So quickly return the machine to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange before the vendor's RMA policy period expires usually only a week or two. ACER warranty repair service will take longer. Jack E/NJ

Edited the thread to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel

Jack E/NJ

• I agree with colleague JackE about the exchange with the supplier. However, I think it is worth trying to disconnect and reconnect the hdd, as already suggested by my classmate JackE and also try to reset the battery.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DLog
    edited February 2020
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your suggestions. Handed over the lap to the Vendor, waiting for their response.
    :)