Critical : Acer Aspire V5-571 No UEFI/Legacy Boot Menu or Secure Boot option

Options
bbjlfvr
bbjlfvr Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

I am trying to clean install Win 10 on Acer V5-571 but whenever I come to 'Windows Setup' Drive allocation - format, delete, new section it says 'Windows can't be installed on this drive - The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks'.

I figured it was due to BIOS being in UEFI mode, so I have tried to change it to Legacy and disable 'Secure Boot' like on other laptops/bios. But unfortunately, I cannot find UEFI/Legacy Boot menu or Secure Boot disable/enable options on Boot tab of this specific Acer laptop. But only see Boot priority order sub-menu.

So I googled, youtubed everything I enable that option. Most suggestions say I have to set a Supervisor password on Security tab which I did and hit F10 to save and restart back to BIOS and it would show. But it didn't Also I have already enabled F12 Boot menu option in Main tab. Also I have used Rufus to create both GPT and MBR bootable usb flash win 10 but both doesnt work. Thus I have no idea how to install Windows 10. Please see attached photos and advice me how to make this work. Thank you, much appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/DhUBm3x

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This model was launched with two versions of the bios. One version with version 1.xx only in legacy mode and another version 2.xx with uefi mode. Your model came with version 1.xx.
    In this case, press shift + f10 inside the windows installation and convert the hdd like this:
    diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk x
    clean
    convert mbr
    then continue the installation.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • bbjlfvr
    bbjlfvr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    This model was launched with two versions of the bios. One version with version 1.xx only in legacy mode and another version 2.xx with uefi mode. Your model came with version 1.xx.
    In this case, press shift + f10 inside the windows installation and convert the hdd like this:
    diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk x
    clean
    convert mbr
    then continue the installation.

diskpart -> clean would wipe all my data, files on partition 1. How can I not loss my data but still install Win10??
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You enter the command notepad.exe and save your files on another devices. Then just convert to mbr.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    If the machine was originally a factory-installed Win7, your firmware is native legacy BIOS and not convertible to a UEFI bootstrap. Accordingly, the Win10 iso must be installed in legacy mode from a USB installation stick setup to install on an MBR partitioned HDD as it is now.

If you made Win10 using Microsoft's media creation tool, this probably won't work since it's default is for GPT partitioned HDD, not MBR. Google 'media creation tool for legacy' for how to download the raw Win10 iso. Then use Rufus freeware to create a bootable USB Win10 installation stick for legacy BIOS from the Win10 iso. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• oraculorafa
    oraculorafa Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Sorry for posting in an old thread, but I'm having an similar issue, although my Acer notebook is new. It's an Aspire a315-54k, I have set an supervisor password, disabled secure boot, disabled fast boot, updated bios to v1.09, and I'm still unable to change boot mode, it's stuck in UEFI and I need Legacy. I have managed to run the first part of Windows 7 setup on UEFI, and when it reboots I'm frozen in the screen "Starting Windows". Any advice?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sorry. The legacy BIOS overlay option on UEFI bootstrapper firmware is gradually being phased out on newer machines. However, the hardware interrupt that supports this overlay may still be directly accessible by a Win7 installation DVD image and with some tweaking by a USB installation image as suggested in this link. https://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/398482-windows-7-x64-uefi-install-even-possible.html. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ