AN515-54-585H M.2 Nvme Pcie slot

Options
NCFRE
NCFRE Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
i have a question , for the second drive what do you install because it won’t recognize it. the first one i have installed is 
Crucial MX500 M.2 Type 2280SS Disque SSD interne 1TB.  in the pcie/sata slot but what can i install in the PCIe slot.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,006 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    You are at rst with optane @batmalin. He must check if the ssd appears in the IRST and then activate the safe boot in windows and change the sata mode to ahci.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    You have two M2 expansion slots, one NVMe PCIe and one NVMe PCIe or 2.5" SATA

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• NCFRE

Tinkerer

Options
    But if i but the crucial m.2 in the pc slot it wont detect
  • NCFRE

Tinkerer

Options
    NCFRE said:
    But if i but the crucial m.2 in the pc slot it won’t detect
    Sorry did not read what i wrote. When i put the 1TB drive in the pcie/sata slot it work, but if i put in the other slot it not working, i have chat with support of acer what a waste of time they can not help me , i try to ask them what model nvme m.2 drive is compatible  and the answer is we can not help you  
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited February 2020
    Options
    The Crucial SATA goes in one slot only NVMe PCIe SSD goes in the other slot
    You have 2 slots one for SATA and NVMe PCIe and one for NVMe PCIe only. So put your Crucial SATA in the slot that works and buy a NVMe PCIe SSD for the other slot. So NVMe PCIe is the name of the type of SSD that works in the other slot 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• NCFRE

Tinkerer

edited February 2020
    Options
    i have installed a KC1000 NVMe PCIe M.2 480GB and now the bios see the hard drive  but in windows i don’t see it.  also in the bios security option i get the message  doesn't support hdd password   

Edited the thread to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    Go to disk management and initialize it, assign drive letter and Win and you will see it.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• NCFRE

Tinkerer

Options
    batmalin said:
    Go to disk management and initialize it, assign drive letter and Win and you will see it.
    It did not show in the disk management  i have checked did not take a picture of that, i have ordered another one to see i will let you know . ps the Kingston drive works fine in another computer 
  • batmalin
    Options
    What is the sata mode in BIOS?

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,006 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    You are at rst with optane @batmalin. He must check if the ssd appears in the IRST and then activate the safe boot in windows and change the sata mode to ahci.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • batmalin
    Options
    to be clear it`s safe boot not secure boot

• NCFRE

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok waiting to get the new nvme drive tomorrow because i have put the other in another computer don’t want to undo all again  24h to wait cannot be sz bad :) , P.S i have also changed the ssd sata to 1 TB now i getting there , after that trying a docking station that can  4kdto my to 43 inch LG monitors "43UD79-W"  so i can get my desktop out :) 
  • NCFRE

Tinkerer

Options
    ok i have changed the bios setting ,  so now it in ahci mode  and i have added my new NVME M.2 Crucial drive  in the PCie slot  now it working thank you.

so if i recap all in the pcie/sata i have a Crucial MX500 M.2 Type 2280SS Disque SSD interne 1TB
    in the Pcie slot i have my Crusial 500gb Nvme m.2 ssd 
    in the ssd i have a Patriot Memory Burst PBU240GS25SSDR Disque SSD interne SATA III 2,5" Go 960GB
    and also i have put 32 gb of ram 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Great my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer