Acer Spin 3 Stylus SP314-53N- help!

Options
misterspike
misterspike Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hi, I just bought an SP314-53N from a well know high street retailer and I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the stylus from the laptop chassis. I've tried pushing it, pulling it, shouting at it but it won't come out. Can anybody help me?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Watch this video at 00:52 seconds:
    https://youtu.be/3uqaYtkWgko
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Watch this video at 00:52 seconds:
    https://youtu.be/3uqaYtkWgko
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • misterspike

Tinkerer

Options
    egydiocoelho - that's just what I tried and no joy.

I managed to get hold of Acer support with the SNID and they said that my version of the 
    SP314-53N comes without the stylus :( - so I guess the reason I can't get it out is because it's just a place holder. Really annoying as the website I bought it from has a photo of it with a stylus.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you enter the first ten partnumber numbers? Just to make sure there is no pen.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• misterspike

Tinkerer

Options
    Do you mean the serial number? or the SNID?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Example nx.hxy00.000

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• misterspike

Tinkerer

Options
    Where would I find that?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In the lower case or using the acer care center.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• misterspike

Tinkerer

Options
    OK, looks like it's the serial number:  NX.HDBEK.012
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This is strange, because the contents of the package indicate that this model comes with an active stylus, see: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/NX.HDBEK.012

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• misterspike

Tinkerer

Options
    Yep, not my one apparently :(  - Acer spare parts are able to get me a compatible one. Not sure how to charge it though as if I remove the blank plate there might not be any charging slot behind it ....
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This is weird. Can you send a screenshot of where the pen should be installed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• misterspike

Tinkerer

Options
    Below's a picture of the blanking plate where the stylus pen would be
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I will ask a moderator if the model SP314-53N-397J (NX.HDBEK.012) comes with a pen or not!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Below's a picture of the blanking plate where the stylus pen would be
    Do you mean the serial number? or the SNID?
    Can you please send me a private message with the serial number or SNID to see if i can find any information that might help you?

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
  • Musab1
    Musab1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I kinda lost my Acer SP314-53N Stylus is there a way I can track or locate it pls it is the only laptop o have 😖😥😥
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Musab1 Have you lost your pen or lost the SP314-53N device? If Windows location is enabled, you may be able to locate the device using your hotmail account, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rayden78
    Rayden78 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Awe dang this is terrible, I just bought this laptop and have the same issue, no stylus, it's advertised with a stylus, that's why I bought it over another laptop. What was the final result of this issue? 
  • Rayden78
    Rayden78 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    So apparently if you buy these from Walmart you don't get a stylus although it's advertised with one? That's no good. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options
    Time to take the vendor to task, if they advertise it with a stylus included then it should be ... included. What is the full model number? It should be something like SP314-53N-xxxx.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options
    What is the model number @Zelx7? Some models have them and some do not.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.