What is the adapter pin size for the aspire a515-54g and where can i buy it, i live in india.

Options
NikhilMuddamsetty
NikhilMuddamsetty Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2020 in Aspire Laptops
My laptop is not charging when connected to adapter , i think it is the adapter pin problem but i am not able to find the correct adapter for it. I am even considering buying it from other brands for that i need to know the pin size coz it is very small, can anyone give any idea about it to me , thanks

Edited the thread to hide to sensitive information
Acer-Samuel

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @NikhilMuddamsetty
    Specs of your laptop battery
    Aspire A515-54G: 3-pin 65 W AC adapter
    107.0 (W) x 47.0 (D) x 30.0 (H) mm (4.21 (W) x 1.85 (D) x 1.18 (H) inches)
    243 g with 180 cm DC cable
    You can check online to buy the right one.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • k9i
    k9i Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    The connector on my A515-54 is tight. I have to push hard to get it to snap home. Have you tried the battery reset thing?
  • NikhilMuddamsetty
    Options
    k9i said:
    The connector on my A515-54 is tight. I have to push hard to get it to snap home. Have you tried the battery reset thing?
    My one was easy to insert but as it was round if there was any movement in the pin when it was inserted , it would use to get disconnected and when i used remove it and again connect it then it used to work , but slowly it started stopping more often , finally it stopped working totally. That charger is not available in india, not online and not in stores too because the pin is very small so even if they have adapter of same power ratings but still because of the pin size , they dont have it adapter of that size and i cant even try the reset thing now because i have sent the charger to a metro city with my brother so that he can get it replaced.plz help me with the exact pin size of it, it is not even available on acer india website.
  • NikhilMuddamsetty
    Options
    Jack22 said:
    @NikhilMuddamsetty

I want the pin size of the adapter , the pin which is inserted into the laptop.
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    Jack22 said:
    @NikhilMuddamsetty

I want the pin size of the adapter , the pin which is inserted into the laptop.
    I dont have the pin size or the picture but can get you the part number of the charger with that you can easily get it. if you check on line you will get the picture.

Adapter DELTA 65W 19V 1.1x3.0x7.7 ADP-65DE BA LF Black Meet DOE6, CoC Tier2, IEC 62368
    Part Number: KP.06501.012
    Adapter LITE-ON 65W 19V 1.1x3.0x7.7 PA-1650-50A3 LF BLACK Meet DOE6, CoC Tier2, IEC 62368
    Part Number:KP.06503.018

• NikhilMuddamsetty
    Options
    Can i use a 45 w charger instead of 65 w charger, because i found a charger with same pin but of 45w.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Can i use a 45 w charger instead of 65 w charger, because i found a charger with same pin but of 45w.

YES you can but it will charge slower than the 65w but it will not cause any damage

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• sahuashok0123
    sahuashok0123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Yes I got my answer
  • SHUBHANK
    SHUBHANK Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    please share the link of the adapter

• Faucacius
    Faucacius Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    So, did you buy the 45w or 65w? Please share the link from where to buy? 
  • Pratik315
    Pratik315 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My laptop adapter is not working my laptop model is aspire A515-54G-55E4 can you tell me pine size of the adapter.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    It is designated as a standard 3mm x 1mm hollow tip plug.

Jack E/NJ