USB-C charging Acer Aspire-5 A515-54G with a USB charger?

Options
Puraw
Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,442 Trailblazer
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Can I charge the latest model A515-54G (manufactory date Sept. 2019) with a large USB charger on USB port-3 or port C, most airplanes have USB ports only for charging gadgets?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    the USB 3.1 port of this model does not have the power delivery function.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    the USB 3.1 port of this model does not have the power delivery function.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Puraw
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thanks, my USB-C port is bi-directional and when connected to a full DC 20 volt, 40 watt, source would it not charge the (empty) laptop battery too? I am not going to try this, just wondering.....
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you provide the exact model? Example A515-54G-58VH.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Puraw
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Model: 515-54G-70AG MFG Date: 2019/08/24
    S/N: NXHNBSP0XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    SNID: XXXXXXX
    The middle USB-3.1 Gen 1 (Blue) port on the left side of the laptop between the HDMI and 2nd USB-3.1 (Blue) port has a battery sign stamp with 2 dots (don't know what those dots indicate) the manual (Covers: A515-54 / A515-54G / A515-54K / A515-54KG This revision: March 2019) that does not cover model 70AG states: "USB port With power off charging, connects to USB devices"

Edited the Content to hide sensitive information.
    By
    Acer-Erick
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    check here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer