Acer Aspire 5 A515-54 Doesn't wake up after 2nd sleep

Options
2»

Answers

• MatejV
    MatejV Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Options
    it shows me "advanced options" screen with troubleshoot menu etc. I can get to the same screen when it fails loading normally. But if I press alt+f10 It requires some password when I want to do action in troubleshooting
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I believe that this password refers to your user account or your email or even the pin.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MatejV

Tinkerer

Options
    I reinstalled the windows from iso image, updated the bios to 1.16 and it works well now. (But bios update resets the bios config to default, so I had to set it to AHCI again and disable secure boot)
  • MatejV

Tinkerer

Options
    thanks for your help
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! But does the sleep problem still occur?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • aromakc
    aromakc Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    Hey I had the similar problem as yours. For linux I changed to AHCI and after some days my Laptop screen freezes after boot. I type Nothing occurs. Need to restart it then only it works. Every 2 times boot after shutdown same thing occured. I got confused so I restore to previous version win10 and it is working fine but unknown when will same thing may happen. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do you also have the model a515-54?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MatejV

Tinkerer

edited February 2020
    Options
    Bios update to 1.16 fixed the "2nd wake up" problem (even though I don't have Nvidia graphics)
  • philipp_
    philipp_ Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited October 2022
    Options

How did you update? Because I'm having some problems via Ubuntu