image

Nitro 5 AN515-52 - FPS issue on League of Legends

edizugedizug Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited January 31 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
I have Nitro 5  AN515-52 (i5-8300H, 1050ti, 128gb ssd, 1tb hdd). I can't play L.O.L at 144 fps. It is changing on 105-144.(tried each quality setting). Is this normal for this laptop?

-Undervolted -0.130mv.
-The laptop is on high-performance mode.


Best Answer

  • andylbandylb ACE Posts: 3,828 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    edizug said:
    andylb said:
    edizug said:
    I have Nitro 5  AN515-52 (i5-8300H, 1050ti, 128gb ssd, 1tb hdd). I can't play L.O.L at 144 fps. It is changing on 105-144.(tried each quality setting). Is this normal for this laptop?

    -Undervolted -0.130mv.
    -The laptop is on high-performance mode.



    You say your Drivers and Settings are correct so that eliminates your GPU/Laptop. Online gaming fps often drops due to the games servers Bottlenecking, I think you have this isssue
    What I am trying to ask is, " Is my laptop enough to run LOL(or any low spec. demanding game) at 144 fps stable?

    Yes, it is more than capable of running these games at 144 fps stable

    Please click YES if I answered your question

    I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

    ★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

FAQ & Answers

  • Jack22Jack22 ACE Posts: 2,304 Pathfinder
    @edizug
    Try Run the latest drivers and game updates. Close unused apps. Change the game's settings and check

    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • edizugedizug Member Posts: 8

    Tinkerer

    Jack22 said:
    @edizug
    Try Run the latest drivers and game updates. Close unused apps. Change the game's settings and check

    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Already done but thanks.
  • Jack22Jack22 ACE Posts: 2,304 Pathfinder
    edizug said:
    Jack22 said:
    @edizug
    Try Run the latest drivers and game updates. Close unused apps. Change the game's settings and check

    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Already done but thanks.
    Ok. If there is any more step to fix i will send you

    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • andylbandylb ACE Posts: 3,828 Pathfinder
    edizug said:
    I have Nitro 5  AN515-52 (i5-8300H, 1050ti, 128gb ssd, 1tb hdd). I can't play L.O.L at 144 fps. It is changing on 105-144.(tried each quality setting). Is this normal for this laptop?

    -Undervolted -0.130mv.
    -The laptop is on high-performance mode.



    You say your Drivers and Settings are correct so that eliminates your GPU/Laptop. Online gaming fps often drops due to the games servers Bottlenecking, I think you have this isssue

    Please click YES if I answered your question

    I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

    ★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

  • edizugedizug Member Posts: 8

    Tinkerer

    edited January 30
    andylb said:
    edizug said:
    I have Nitro 5  AN515-52 (i5-8300H, 1050ti, 128gb ssd, 1tb hdd). I can't play L.O.L at 144 fps. It is changing on 105-144.(tried each quality setting). Is this normal for this laptop?

    -Undervolted -0.130mv.
    -The laptop is on high-performance mode.



    You say your Drivers and Settings are correct so that eliminates your GPU/Laptop. Online gaming fps often drops due to the games servers Bottlenecking, I think you have this isssue
    What I am trying to ask is, " Is my laptop enough to run LOL(or any low spec. demanding game) at 144 fps stable?
  • andylbandylb ACE Posts: 3,828 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    edizug said:
    andylb said:
    edizug said:
    I have Nitro 5  AN515-52 (i5-8300H, 1050ti, 128gb ssd, 1tb hdd). I can't play L.O.L at 144 fps. It is changing on 105-144.(tried each quality setting). Is this normal for this laptop?

    -Undervolted -0.130mv.
    -The laptop is on high-performance mode.



    You say your Drivers and Settings are correct so that eliminates your GPU/Laptop. Online gaming fps often drops due to the games servers Bottlenecking, I think you have this isssue
    What I am trying to ask is, " Is my laptop enough to run LOL(or any low spec. demanding game) at 144 fps stable?

    Yes, it is more than capable of running these games at 144 fps stable

    Please click YES if I answered your question

    I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

    ★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

  • mhasandxmhasandx Member Posts: 31 Die Hard
    check the temperature during playing the games both for GPU and CPU in the MSI afterburner. Does constantly maintian CPU clock speed while in the match? 
    ALso one question how did  u undervolt your CPU?
  • edizugedizug Member Posts: 8

    Tinkerer

    edited February 2
    mhasandx said:
    check the temperature during playing the games both for GPU and CPU in the MSI afterburner. Does constantly maintian CPU clock speed while in the match? 
    ALso one question how did  u undervolt your CPU?
    CPU and GPU temperature was normal.(CPU 60-68C,  GPU 50-60C) Clock was steady at 3.907 GHz. But both GPU and CPU usage were %20-30.

    - I undervolted by using Intel Xtu.
  • andylbandylb ACE Posts: 3,828 Pathfinder
    edizug said:
    mhasandx said:
    check the temperature during playing the games both for GPU and CPU in the MSI afterburner. Does constantly maintian CPU clock speed while in the match? 
    ALso one question how did  u undervolt your CPU?
    CPU and GPU temperature was normal.(CPU 60-68C,  GPU 50-60C) Clock was steady at 3.907 GHz. But both GPU and CPU usage were %20-30.

    - I undervolted by using Intel Xtu.

    All of the above are fine

    Please click YES if I answered your question

    I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

    ★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

  • sunrisesineastsunrisesineast Member Posts: 4 New User
    Were you able to fix your problem? I have an i5 8300h and 1060 and it cant hit 144 fps. Its frustrating that a gaming laptop with a 144hz screen cant even reach 144 fps on such low end games.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online1.6K

1337Braz
1337Braz
GAMING6698
GAMING6698
georgy55
georgy55
Gravitas
Gravitas
Piter
Piter
Rajan7
Rajan7
rich1974
rich1974
Sraju
Sraju
Thaarik
Thaarik
TrickC
TrickC
ttttt
ttttt
Vey
Vey
Willinoy
Willinoy
+1.6K Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Assistance by Acer


Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos