Acer Aspire V17 Nitro (VN7-791G-74RG) - Wifi Adapter issues

Options

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the same problem occur when resetting the lithium battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DW_Rafisa
    DW_Rafisa Member Posts: 30

Tinkerer

Options
    I have an update at last! After some careful observations I finally nailed down the issue. The power. The main issue was that after my laptop fell onto the side on one day, it had issues starting up. Even something as simple as powering up became a chore. After some time now it would start up normal but the adapter probably caused energy issues, causing it to fail and even crash my laptop. I did an unconventional fix. I simply opened up the laptop, following the only guide on opening the device (I definitely didn't have warranty so it wouldn't matter), unplugged the wifi-adapter, replugged it, then proceeded to check on the lines delivering power to the adapter.
    I completely unscrewed the mainboard, checked all sockets, then put it all back together and it has been working flawlessly for 3 days straight now. No random crashes, no errors, no hiccups in the connection.
    I can only assume that the battery was actually damaged (at least temporarily) when my laptop fell down (it fell down while in the bag because one of the straps broke as I was carrying it). In retrospect, the eventviewer was pretty much screaming that from the start but all I found online was "bad drivers", "need to replace card".
    I would also like to end on the note that, it would've been nice to have SOME type of troubleshooting guide online. Seeing as how often the wireless adapter causes issues, it would have been nice to have a checklist of things to go through. Also the drivers... Maybe next time don't just have it be a seperate installer or a non-functioning list.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Dell provides a link, where all computer hardware is checked. In fact, I even asked acer to provide a similar tool here: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/587693/creation-for-diagnostic-tools-on-the-acer-website#latest
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DW_Rafisa

Tinkerer

Options
    Unfortunately, the link you've provided above gives me the following error:
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Only ACE users can access it. What I asked is if it would be possible to create a tool similar to the one from dell:
    Resultado de imagem para ferramenta e diagnstico dell

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DW_Rafisa

Tinkerer

Options
    I am no expert in that matter, but technically speaking, there shouldn't be anything making it impossible. It would most certainly help a lot to have a tool like that.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    That is why I suggested to Acer that a tool be created similar to the one available on the dell website.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DW_Rafisa

Tinkerer

Options
    So. I have unfortunate news. My laptop has broken back into old habbits and the wifi-adapter once more is getting the error when booting it initially (Event viewer) "Miniport Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Wireless Network Adapter had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational power.
    The Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet had the same error alongside the QCA yesterday, however was still successfully initialized 3 seconds later.
    This is an Acer Aspire V17 Nitro (VN7-791G-74RG) and the Acer Care Center returns the errror "Not supported". If the gigabit Ethernet is able to still reinitialize, then so should the QCA, no?
  • DW_Rafisa

Tinkerer

Options
    Another update. After installing the latest Windows 10 Update (magically, since the previous ones just kept failing) the wifi-adapter has completely disappeared. Even the Device manager doesn't list it under Hidden devices and the service "Qcamain10x64" is gone.
  • DW_Rafisa

Tinkerer

Options
    Okay I will try with the ath-drivers.eu site again. How do I install this driver.
  • DW_Rafisa

Tinkerer

Options
    Another update. I don't know why, but pressing and holding FN + F3 before logging in seems to bring the wifi-adapter back up. I didn't get to try it if the adapter stops working. If it does, I'll try this and mention it here if it works or not. As for why it works again, I don't know. All I did, literally, was open the laptop up and close it again. I doubt the issue lies in the wifi-adapter anymore and it is a simple energy issue.
    A NEW issue that seems to have arrived is for another thread, but to cut it short, I updated to Windows 10 Pro v2004 earlier and it seems to be causing heavy crackling on the Razer Surround Sound Audio Driver. I have tried reinstalling, didn't work. It's starting to feel like this Laptop was meant to torture me, more than help me.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DW_Rafisa

Tinkerer

Options
    I tried a little trick I thought might work: Press and Hold FN + F3 for 5 seconds. The wifi option was gone when it started, I tried that trick and it loaded up. I think this should be added as a potential fix! My guess is that, since my Laptop has taken some damage, the battery can't always detect the network adapter and therefore won't give it the power to initialize. Or maybe he does detect it, but can't give it the power needed at the point in time. FN + F3 seems to call the network adapter. I am not certain on that! All I know is that, it seems to work as a fix. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you check the battery status with hwinfo64? Also, have you verified that the wireless network card is properly connected to the slot and that the black and white cables are connected to the wireless network card?
    https://youtu.be/XMIJ4ABxTWc

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DW_Rafisa

Tinkerer

Options
    Designed Capacity: 52497 mWh
    Full Charged Capacity: 44528 mWh
    Wear Level: 15.2%

Also yes, the cables ARE connected correctly.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    if you disable wireless by pressing fn + f3, can you activate it again? I suspect there may be a problem with the keyboard, because you said it here "I tried a little trick I thought it might work: Press and Hold FN + F3 for 5 seconds."

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DW_Rafisa

Tinkerer

Options
    Using FN+F3 after the adapter has powered on, only toggles "Airplane mode". My Wifi issues seem to have completely disappeared since the Windows 10 Pro 2004 Update, however I now have the issue with Razer Surround functioning poorly.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In this case, try to restore windows to a date before the problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DW_Rafisa

Tinkerer

Options
    Update...
    The trick seems to have, worked? I can't really tell if it did or not. I simply did it this time immediately once the laptop booted, before loging in. The sound driver for... unknown reasons, seems to have fixed itself? I am at a loss with this thing.
  • DW_Rafisa

Tinkerer

Options
    I just noticed something very strange. For whatever reasons, Razer Surround works normal if a Virtual Machine is currently running. Once the virtual machine stops, the software just loses it. How can that even happen?