Acer One 10 - S1002-195X (N15P2)

JaydenNZ
JaydenNZ Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2020 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
Acer One 10 S1002-195X. Model: N15P2. Intel Atom Z3735F @1.33Ghz. 10.1inch Multi-touch LCD

I reset my Acer One 10 completely, by formatting the system partition, then installing Windows 10 cleanly from a USB.
After reset, the touch screen is not recognized by windows, speakers do not work, battery level is not indicated.
==> "No Pen or Touch input is available for this display" (System Info)
==> Battery icon does not show up in task bar. In taskbar icon settings, it is grayed out.

I have narrowed down the problem to:
In devices and printers. "DESKTOP-ULRTJD1" (Laptops name) - "Driver Error" and a yellow triangle.
==> Properties, Hardware:
6 of "Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor I2C Controller" - "THis device is not working properly because WIndows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" , Yellow triangle
==> Properties of the Processor I2C Controller" - "The I/O device is configured incorrectly or the configuration parameters to the driver are incorrect.

I have tried:
Updating Windows
Uninstalling the driver and rebooting
Updating the driver (It gives a code 31 error)
Installing four drivers available for my N15P2 - Located at https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6142?b=1&pn=NT.G53SA.001

I cannot update the bios. When I run the firmware updater, it will not allow me to continue, because it cannot detect the AC adaptor, since windows cannot. The AC Adaptor is plugged in.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    The one you are looking for is "Platform Drivers Installer", after it's up and working you can next install the wireless driver and everything else can be done online. Is there any chance you accidentally installed the 64bit version of Windows instead of 32?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JaydenNZ
    JaydenNZ Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    The one you are looking for is "Platform Drivers Installer", after it's up and working you can next install the wireless driver and everything else can be done online. Is there any chance you accidentally installed the 64bit version of Windows instead of 32?

I have 32bit Windows. I have indeed installed the Platform Drivers Installer already, to no avail.
  • MIE20
    MIE20 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi after download Platform Drivers Installer, screen come like this:
    Can you help..pls
  • MIE20
    MIE20 Member Posts: 2 New User
    what should i do?

• billsey
    What does the logfile say?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JonnieCanuck
    JonnieCanuck Member Posts: 1 New User
    Did this ever get resolved? I have exactly the same problem.
  • billsey
    Are you trying to install 64bit drivers on a 32bit OS, or visa versa?
  • milan_nagy
    milan_nagy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any update on this issue?
  • billsey
    edited October 2021
    @milan_nagy as you can see, the original poster never got back to us with results. If you are seeing something similar it's best to start a new thread for your issue. Include the full model number (something like S1002-xxxx), what you are experiencing and what you have tried so far. If you do things right it a fresh OS install should be just fine with the drivers from Acer's support site.