does the USB-C port on the ConceptD3 (CN315-71P) support video (I.e. a second monitor)

BurningKrome
BurningKrome Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives

I just purchased the ConceptD CN315-71P. I'm already using the HDMI port for one monitor. Can a second monitor be used through the USB-C port?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning BurningKrome !

Do not.
    The USB-Type C connection in this series is Gen1.
    Only Gen2 with support for Thunderbolt or DP can transfer video.
    In this case I suggest you purchase a Dell D6000 Universal Dock Station via USB 3.0:

httpssnpidellcomsnpimagesproductslargeDell_Universal_Dock_D6000_mvi5jpg

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning BurningKrome !

Do not.
    The USB-Type C connection in this series is Gen1.
    Only Gen2 with support for Thunderbolt or DP can transfer video.
    In this case I suggest you purchase a Dell D6000 Universal Dock Station via USB 3.0:

httpssnpidellcomsnpimagesproductslargeDell_Universal_Dock_D6000_mvi5jpg

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Does the user manual inform if the USB 3.1 port is second generation?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MaClane
    Here:

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• OK! But for some reason, some first generation USB 3.1 ports support DISPLAY PORT maclane. Generally, only second generation ports support DISPLAY PORT. That is why it would be interesting for him to check this information in the user manual.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BurningKrome
    BurningKrome Member Posts: 2 New User
    As @MaClane also discovered, the port is 31. gen 1. It doesn't say anything about a Display Port, so I'll assume no?
  • I found this in the manual: One USB 3.1 Type-C Gen1 port (No support display out)

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaClane
    OK! But for some reason, some first generation USB 3.1 ports support DISPLAY PORT maclane. Generally, only second generation ports support DISPLAY PORT. That is why it would be interesting for him to check this information in the user manual.

When DP is supported, the information is given in the series database, which is not the case.
    As I had already verified and informed, there is no support.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™