What's the best for helios 300? SSD/HDD/SSHD? & what card?

asocrab
asocrab Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I just recently got this laptop https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-i7-9750H-Keyboard-PH315-52-78VL/dp/B07QXLFLXT/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=helios%2B300%2B1660ti%2F9750&qid=1567136007&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0&th=1 
and realized It doesn't have much storage, I mainly need a lot of storage for games like the witcher 3, fortnite, gta 5, black desert online, assassin's creed games etc
keep in mind i'm really noob when it comes to tech talk and I still see people that have differing opinions on whether SSD or HDD is better, so I really have no idea or what really is the core difference despite reading many opinions and viewpoints, but for right now i'm just trying to see what most people recommend for 1TB and $100 or under? I've gotten a few suggestions already like 860 evo 1tb ($150 but if it's actually really good i'll consider), crucial mx500 1tb, seagate barracuda sata hdd, etc but i'd like to get as many opinions as possible on any as i don't want to waste my money or make a mistake, i'm really going by other peoples opinions because I don't have enough knowledge to know what's good and what isn't haha. any info is greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020 Answer ✓
    SSD is far better, Windows loads faster, programs open quicker and everything runs a little smoother. The Link below is to Userbenchmark and contains the most popular and tested upgrades from over 3,000 users of your exact model, click on any of the SSD's or other upgrades and it will take you to a details page for that part. The Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb NVMe PCIe looks to be an excellent upgrade, also consider Crucial P1 1Tb NVMe PCIe CT1000P1SSD8 sells for around $114 on Amazon.
    NVMe PCIe is faster than SATA so that should be your bottom line right there.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Predator-PH315-52/144110

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers