B1-730HD Firmware Update Problem

CinciOne7
CinciOne7 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
Hello. Hopefully somebody out there can help me. 

I have an Acer One 7 tablet, model B1-730HD. Currently the firmware being run is identified in the tablet Settings as Acer_AVOKO_B1-730HD_RV03RC01_WW_GEN1.

I would like to upgrade the firmware to see if that will resolve some issues I am having. I visited the Acer support site for this device, and there is, indeed, an updated image, named Acer_AV0K0_B1-730HD_RV03RC03_Acer_AV0K0_B1-730HD_RV03RC05_WW_GEN1.

The instructions inside the zip file for this image update include the requirement that my tablet be on Acer_AV0K0_B1-730HD_RV03RC03_WW_GEN1, which it is not. 

I am unable to locate that image file to allow me to upgrade to RV03RC03 first, which appears to be a prerequisite for RV03RC05. So I am currently stuck.

Can anyone help with either an alternative method of updating my image to RC05, or with a location for a copy of the RC03 image that I need to apply?

Thanks in advance for any help you can share. It is greatly appreciated. 

Answers

• Have you tried to update the firmware by clicking on the Android system tab? I also did not find this version in the link of your model.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • CinciOne7
    Thanks for the question. I have tried using the Update option available in the Settings-->About Tablet-->System Updates-->Check Now and the result is a message "Your device is up to date."  If there is another place to try to get an update, I have not tried that.
  • I found some download links on google. However, it is not allowed to post here in the community. I will ask a moderator if there is a link available for the "Acer_AV0K0_B1-730HD_RV03RC03_WW_GEN1" firmware on the Acer website.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • CinciOne7
    Thank you very much. I wonder what term you searched on google - I tried searching myself before asking here and all the sites seemed very suspicious and all wanted a paid subscription to get the software. Were you able to find some that looked legitimate, and if you could share your search terms I might be able to find them myself? Thanks again.
  • I just looked for Acer_AV0K0_B1-730HD_RV03RC03_WW_GEN1

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• However, some links do not work. I suggest you wait for the moderator's response.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CinciOne7
    Yes, that was my experience when I did the same search. Thanks for checking on that. I will do as you suggest and wait for the moderator's response. Have a great day. 
  • CinciOne7
    Any idea how long is reasonable to wait for a response? I don't want to be impatient but I also don't want to have the question languish without follow up and I just don't know how long is a reasonable amount of time to wait?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CinciOne7
    Thank you for the help. That did not seem to change anything. I was not having problems copying the encapsulated zip file to the SD card of the device; the install was aborting. The USB driver did not seem to change anything. I then took your suggested OS download, took out the zip file as instructed by the included file, copied it to the SD card and attempted to install from external storage on the device. The behavior did not change. I did notice that the file you sent me for the OS is the same one I downloaded from the website - I had already installed both those files from Acer's website and the OS file you sent me also says I must be on v03 to installe that v05 file, but I am only on v01. The exact list of messages I get when I try to install the file is 

-- Install /mnt/sdcard1 ...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    Installing update...
    assert_failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "acer/b1-730hd_ww_gen1/vespa:4.4.2/KOT49H/399:user/release-keys" ||        file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "acer/b1-730hd_ww_gen1/vespa:4.4.2/KOT49H/438:user/release-keys"
    E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Perhaps that helps?
    I really do appreciate your assistance with this. I am stuck.
  • Did you happen to purchase this tablet from any phone or internet service provider like AT&T for example?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CinciOne7
    I am sorry to say that it was purchased on-line from a third party and, if I can guess where you are heading, I don't have the ability to go back to the seller and get support of any type. 
  • I'm asking this, because if the tablet was provided by an internet service provider or telephone service, such as AT&T, maybe they can have the firmware.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CinciOne7
    I have checked and it was not purchased through any such dealer. Any idea how I could find out from information on the device or from the serial number where it originally was bound originally? Also, any moderators care to lend a hand? 
  • I will try to check again with some moderator, but I believe that there is no link available for this firmware. However, I also inserted the .txt file, stating that it is necessary to update to the version Acer_AV0K0_B1-730HD_RV03RC03 first

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CinciOne7
    Thank you very much for your help. I do think it is very interesting that they have R01 on the website and an update from R03 to R05, but not either R03 nor an update from R01 to R03. Very strange. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    It is possible they did the R03 version for a specific vendor and never released it to the general public due to the vendor required customizations. That's not too unusual, when a reseller wants a version specific to them, with their apps installed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • It would be interesting to know if you received any notification to update to this firmware. If not, have you tried to contact technical support?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CinciOne7
    Thanks for following up. A moderator suggested that R03 may have been specific to one vendor and not released to the general public. Of course that does not help me update my firmware. Regarding technical support, if you mean Acer technical support no, I have not, because of the cost associated with a support call. The device isn't even worth the cost of the support call so that is not a likely option, and I did not purchase the device from anyplace that offers support and I don't have any way of telling (that I know of) who the original seller was and who I might be able to go to for support. So it appears I am stuck with this firmware unless some thing new crops up. I do want to say how much I appreciate all your help with this, even though it appears to have not worked out as I had hoped.