acer nitro 5 515-43 - I'm not getting more than 30 fps in any game I've tried so far..

K222
K222 Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
edited February 2020 in Nitro Gaming
I've bought acer nitro 5 515-43 (non-ssd version)
So it's giving me 30 fps in apex legends in the lowest possible settings.. i can't play this game.. is rx560x that much of weak??? And also I'm getting thermal throttling also... Can you help me??

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Then you have missed something in the setup because this setup will optimize games for max fps. Please confirm

1. Your Laptop is set to High Performance in the Windows Power Plan
    2. You are gaming on 100% battery and plugged into AC power 
    3. You have imported your games to the Control Center and you are launching your games from the Control Center under the Gaming Tab

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,318 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    K222 said:
    So it's giving me 30 fps in apex legends in the lowest possible settings.. i can't play this game.. is rx560x that much of weak??? And also I'm getting thermal throttling also... Can you help me??
    Rx560x is too powerfull you will get 100+ fps in max apex legend settings i have Acer nitro 5 with same rx560x and Vega 8

You getting low because may be your vega8 gpu is active when you launch apex you need to do is update/download latest amd radeon software 20.1.3 from amd site for rx560x( when you install your graphic card get updated and performance you get that expected) when installation complete restart system.after that  Right click on desktop Open the New AMD 2020 Control Center and click the GAMING tab then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select ADD A GAME, navigate to your games .exe file and double click it to add it, or you can select SCAN FOR GAMES and let the Control Center search your harddrive for games to add. After successfully adding the game click on the game and you will be taken to another window and click the LAUNCH GAME tab.
    Only in this way will your games use the Discrete Rx560x GPU, NEVER launch your game through a desktop shortcut or any other way, do it in the manner I have described.

Play game while charging otherwise you get 50% performance of rx560x and set power plan in high performance in nitrosense software with coolboost on.
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • andylb
    edited January 2020
    Run through my GPU guide below 

The new AMD Adrenalin 2020 Control Center is designed to give support for your hardware and contains Mobile Driver support for this exact model, the Graphics Drivers on the Acer site are only base drivers. If you haven't already downloaded and installed it then click the link below to download it. If you get a failure installing the new Control Center then download and run DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html for a clean uninstall of your current AMD Center and Drivers then try to install again

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-1-3

Most of the problems I have encountered answering questions similar to yours are that users do not have the GPU set up correctly in the Control Center and are gaming on their Dedicated Vega 8 GPU which gives poor performance and is not designed for gaming. I have your exact model and my gaming experience using the AMD 2020 Control Center is good, Follow these instructions

First make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into the main AC power while gaming. Make sure "High Performance when on AC", is selected in your Windows Power Plan and in Nitrosense. If you fail to do this your CPU will run at around 50% of capacity and you will experience poor game performance

Open the New AMD 2020 Control Center and click the GAMING tab then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select ADD A GAME, navigate to your games .exe file and double click it to add it, or you can select SCAN FOR GAMES and let the Control Center search your harddrive for games to add. After successfully adding the game click on the game and you will be taken to another window and click the LAUNCH GAME tab.
    Only in this way will your games use the Discrete Rx560x GPU, NEVER launch your game through a desktop shortcut or any other way, do it in the manner I have described.

Please remember that online gaming may experience low fps and stutter due to the games servers and bottlenecking and that has nothing to do with your GPU.

PLEASE CLICK YES IF I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, THANKYOU

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• K222
    andylb said:

The new AMD Adrenalin 2020 Control Center is designed to give support for your hardware and contains Mobile Driver support for this exact model, the Graphics Drivers on the Acer site are only base drivers. If you haven't already downloaded and installed it then click the link below to download it. If you get a failure installing the new Control Center then download and run DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html for a clean uninstall of your current AMD Center and Drivers then try to install again

Most of the problems I have encountered answering questions similar to yours are that users do not have the GPU set up correctly in the Control Center and are gaming on their Dedicated Vega 8 GPU which gives poor performance and is not designed for gaming. I have your exact model and my gaming experience using the AMD 2020 Control Center is good, Follow these instructions

First make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into the main AC power while gaming. Make sure "High Performance when on AC", is selected in your Windows Power Plan and in Nitrosense. If you fail to do this your CPU will run at around 50% of capacity and you will experience poor game performance

Open the New AMD 2020 Control Center and click the GAMING tab then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select ADD A GAME, navigate to your games .exe file and double click it to add it, or you can select SCAN FOR GAMES and let the Control Center search your harddrive for games to add. After successfully adding the game click on the game and you will be taken to another window and click the LAUNCH GAME tab.

Please remember that online gaming may experience low fps and stutter due to the games servers and bottlenecking and that has nothing to do with your GPU.

Hello thanks for help.. i appreciate it but nothing has changed same low fps problem on medium settings I'm getting 35 fps avg. ..
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,318 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    K222 said:
    andylb said:

Hello thanks for help.. i appreciate it but nothing has changed same low fps problem on medium settings I'm getting 35 fps avg. ..
    Send us your task manager processes screenshot while gaming.
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • andylb
    Answer ✓
    Then you have missed something in the setup because this setup will optimize games for max fps. Please confirm

3. You have imported your games to the Control Center and you are launching your games from the Control Center under the Gaming Tab

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• K222
    andylb said:

Ok I've done it after a reset .. 😅 now my game is giving me 60 fps... In lowest medium settings m. But  way much fps drops making my game choppy as hell.. and automatically shutting down 😅..  what the hell is wrong with this device
  • andylb
    Check out this link to undervolt using Throttlestop, this will fix your thermal throttle problem, The packages were designed by a trusted Acer gaming member and are well tested,
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/577183/throttlestop-undervolt-profiles-pre-made/p1?new=1

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• K222
    andylb said:
    Check out this link to undervolt using Throttlestop, this will fix your thermal throttle problem, The packages were designed by a trusted Acer gaming member and are well tested,
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/577183/throttlestop-undervolt-profiles-pre-made/p1?new=1
    It's showing me cpu not supported
  • andylb
    edited February 2020
    Throttlestop supports all CPU's, those are just the custom profiles he made. If your CPU is not in his list then download throttlestop and make your own
    https://www.ultrabookreview.com/31385-the-throttlestop-guide/

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Nitro5HardDisk
    Nitro5HardDisk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi can you check your Disk usage if it's spiking up? I'm getting the same problem, with laggy and the 4GB video card is peaking 100% usage,, just playing Tekken 7
  • Karlito
    Karlito Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    @K222 what are your temps while in-game?

• K222
    Hi can you check your Disk usage if it's spiking up? I'm getting the same problem, with laggy and the 4GB video card is peaking 100% usage,, just playing Tekken 7
    Yeah most of the time while the game running
  • K222
    Karlito said:
    @K222 what are your temps while in-game?

Avg 97 cpu and 89 gpu
  • Naveen70987
    Naveen70987 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    K222 said:
    Rx560x is too powerfull you will get 100+ fps in max apex legend settings i have Acer nitro 5 with same rx560x and Vega 8

You getting low because may be your vega8 gpu is active when you launch apex you need to do is update/download latest amd radeon software 20.1.3 from amd site for rx560x( when you install your graphic card get updated and performance you get that expected) when installation complete restart system.after that  Right click on desktop Open the New AMD 2020 Control Center and click the GAMING tab then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select ADD A GAME, navigate to your games .exe file and double click it to add it, or you can select SCAN FOR GAMES and let the Control Center search your harddrive for games to add. After successfully adding the game click on the game and you will be taken to another window and click the LAUNCH GAME tab.

Play game while charging otherwise you get 50% performance of rx560x and set power plan in high performance in nitrosense software with coolboost on.
    hey i dont think acer nitro 5 1n515-43 ryzen 5 rx560x will able to give 100+fps in apex legends, the maximum it can give is 60fps in high settings.
    i m not ny kind of tweaker but i play this game on this laptop