SF315-52G-59WV ACER Swift 3 SF315 Microphon is not working

Options
bumbler
bumbler Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Dear Forum,
I have an ACER Swift 3 (SF315-52G-59WV) bought with a basic Linpus linux. I installed a proper Kubuntu 19.08 Almost everything works, except for (suspend and more importantly) the internal microphone array. ACER doesn't have a driver for Linux. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I'm not sure if there is still a solution, see: https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=279424&p=1576319#p1576319
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • bumbler

Tinkerer

Options
    I've read that. But maybe there is a solution out there? :-)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked out these topics?
    https://askubuntu.com/questions/1082994/acer-swift-3-microphone-not-working-with-ubuntu-18-04
    https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=201251
    I know it is a fix for ubuntu 18.04. But perhaps the fix applies to kubuntu as well.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • bumbler

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Options
    yes, my google search also gave me these topics. The second of your links points to a forum, where two days ago the same laptop is mentioned. I'm following that discussion too. The first has only a solution for an external microphone, not the internal one
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the version bios? Does the same problem occur with ubuntu version 19.10?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bumbler

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Options
    BIOS is American Megatrends Inc, V1.08 (12/21/2018)
    I did not try Ubuntu as Kubuntu has the same kernel under the hood.
    Edit: my mistake, the Kubuntu is 19.10, not 19.08 (which does not exist...)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited January 2020
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bumbler

Tinkerer

Options
    That solution concerns an audio problem on an apply system installed on an ACER Swift3. I wouldn't know how to apply their fix for the audio. And the audio works on my system, only the microphone does not.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I don't have much experience with the linux operating system and I also couldn't find a solution for the microphone. However, what happens when you change sata mode to ahci or rst with optane? I know that users switch to ahci mode so that they can install linux. However, in the research I found, they did not mention whether they tried to change sata mode to rst with optane or ahci, or at least I did not verify this information.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bumbler

Tinkerer

Options
    thanks for your effort :-). In BIOS SATA was set to "AHCI". Changing it to "RST with OPTANE" had the effect, that Kubuntu did not start anymore. I have no idea, what the reason for that is. I'm just using it... I changed it back, now it starts again (without microphone)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I believe that there must be some correction for this problem, with some update of the bios. Perhaps, if many users complain about this problem, acer can release this fix.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Atknssl
    Atknssl Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hello, i have the acer swift 3 to and i'm using Ubuntu 18.04.4, i also have the mic problem but i solved the suspend issue. I was using linux kernel 5.3.0-40 and there was no suspend issue, when i accidentally upgraded the kernel to 5.3.0-45 suspend issue started. After that i downgraded the kernel and issue was solved. I still couldn't solve the mic issue.
  • mynime
    mynime Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    hi i have acer swift 3 laptop (i3 cpu) and microphone not working? what is trouble? i can fix this?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    @mynime do you also have a SF315-52G-59WV model? Are you also running Linux on your machine? If not, please start your own thread. Include your full model number, describe the problem you are having and what steps you have taken so far to fix it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bumbler

Tinkerer

Options
    @Atknssl: Thank you for this information. I've also read in another forum, that some kernel flags could also help with the newer kernels, but I did not go that path as my wife (who is using the laptop) does not use the suspend-mode.
  • mynime

Tinkerer

Options
    i cant install driver, in seetings write intel .....  SST, and microphone wont work
  • mynime

Tinkerer

Options
    in windows update not found this driver

• Atknssl
    Atknssl Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Is it possible that there is no built-in microphone in Swift3 ? Because i can't find any solutions to this problem.
  • bumbler

Tinkerer

Options
    oh there is a bank of microphones. In the bug-report forum
    there is a long discussion, how to get it working. So far no luck, at least for my swift3.