acer eb321hq resets to max brightness after sleep / shutdown / power off

JS02
JS02 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 21 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

As the title says, whenever the screen goes off (from sleep, shutdown, or pressing off button), it resumes at max brightness (even though it's settings (using OSD and hardware  keys) and DDC software settings (trying to fix this problem with third party software) show whatever I last set it to. I use this monitor in a low-light environment so this makes it difficult to use.

Example: Brightness is set to 20. Computer sleeps, then when it is back is at max brightness. I check settings, they still say 20. When adjusting settings (say, to 30), they immediately change to what I adjust to. After next sleep / off moment, the brightness is displaying at maximum.

I have tried other solutions I've seen in Acer forums: deleting the driver and using a generic monitor driver, changing Task Scheduler as admin (no display settings found, this is a tower PC), changing power plan / advanced options (no brightness settings here, again because this is a tower PC).

I am running it on HDMI, with a second monitor over VGA. My prior setup (before I got this monitor) used this same connectivity (one VGA, one HDMI) and didn't show this problem.

Answers

• kareyS
    kareyS Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the exact same issue. It's a beautiful monitor, but when my laptop comes out of sleep/screen wakeup - the monitor is FULL BRIGHTNESS. It's like looking into the sun. Is there a setting in the OSD that corrects this? Please Acer - your our only hope.......