ACER NITRO XV272U - monitor suddenly says no signal while working

Cryptus
Cryptus Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 23 in 2020 Archives
hi
i just build my new setup and my monitor's screen suddenly tun off says no signal. checked the power option in windows nothing changed. its happening mostly while playing games. i am using the dp cable.

AMD driver version :- 20.1.3

pc specs.:-
CPU:- R5 3600
GPU:- MSI RX 5700 MECH EDITION
RAM:- G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZRX (16gb) (3200mhz overclocked)
SSD:- Adata XPG Gammix S11 Pro 256GB
PSU:- ANTEC NEO ECO MODULAR 650 WATT 80+ BRONZE
MONITOR :- ACER NITRO XV272U

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Cryptus said:
    hi
    i just build my new setup and my monitor's screen suddenly tun off says no signal. checked the power option in windows nothing changed. its happening mostly while playing games. i am using the dp cable.

AMD driver version :- 20.1.3

pc specs.:-
    CPU:- R5 3600
    GPU:- MSI RX 5700 MECH EDITION
    RAM:- G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZRX (16gb) (3200mhz overclocked)
    SSD:- Adata XPG Gammix S11 Pro 256GB
    PSU:- ANTEC NEO ECO MODULAR 650 WATT 80+ BRONZE
    MONITOR :- ACER NITRO XV272U
    what is the refresh rate set to..?
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Cryptus
    144hz and i am getting 60-70 fps in rise of tomb raider at max setting (1440p) so thats mean nothing wrong with graphic card right? and i checked the power supply also nothing there.
  • Rudy21
    Cryptus said:
    144hz and i am getting 60-70 fps in rise of tomb raider at max setting (1440p) so thats mean nothing wrong with graphic card right? and i checked the power supply also nothing there.
    True.. there is nothing wrong with the graphics., Update the monitor drivers manually. Download them from acer website. 

By default microsoft would install generic PNP drivers. This happen after the windows updates. You can follow the above statement and update the monitor drivers manually.
  • Rudy21
    @Cryptus

If it still does not resolve the issue, then try and reset the monitor settings to defaults.
  • Cryptus
    i updated the monitor driver manually and updated the graphic driver and it happen today again i was playing and out of nowhere is says no signal. and game was still running in background. what to do  now?
  • Rudy21
    Cryptus said:
    i updated the monitor driver manually and updated the graphic driver and it happen today again i was playing and out of nowhere is says no signal. and game was still running in background. what to do  now?
    Are you using Acer display widget application..?
  • Cryptus
    No, not using anything related to widget.
  • Rudy21
    Cryptus said:
    No, not using anything related to widget.
    Please download the  Acer display widget application from acer website and check the difference. Post that share the result.
  • Cryptus
    I did installed the widget but nothing changed it happed today again. I am so *****. 😞
  • Rudy21
    Cryptus said:
    I did installed the widget but nothing changed it happed today again. I am so *****. 😞
    I understand how it hurt's.. Try calling acer support and check if they can help you.. 

Also, as a last attempt try this.. if this does not work then i would say ring acer.. 

Turn off the Monitor and unplug all the cables ( including power )
    Now press and hold the power button for 30 sec ( without power cable )
    Post this turn on the device with just power cable plugged in.. Give it a 15-30 sec delay and then connect all the cables..
  • Anniebeli
    Anniebeli Member Posts: 1 New User
    THANK YOU!!!