Bluetooth headphones keep stuttering [Helios 300]

Zora
Zora Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi. I am a fairly new owner of this laptop. When I first got it, my bluetooth headphones would stutter and have a slight break in audio roughly every 3-10 seconds. It seemed to go away after a few days though and I ended up forgetting about it.

Now though, after I've recently updated my computer to the latest version of Windows, the issue has begun anew. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting them a whole bunch, did a bunch of research on it  and fiddled with some settings (nothing really seemed to work), and tried to update everything to the latest drivers but to no avail.

I did however, figure out that it appears to be related to the wifi. Turning off the wifi seems to stop the stuttering entirely, although I have no idea why. I read that a 2.4 Ghz wifi connection can create interference with a Bluetooth signal, but mine is on 5 Ghz, so I'm not too sure about that. Oddly enough when I use the headphones with my Macbook it runs completely smoothly and with no interference, so I'm not sure how the wifi is only affecting the headphones on one of my laptops and not the other.

The headphones are called the Srhythym NC-25. I use them right next to my laptop, with no obstructions between the source and the headphones, and have also used them extensively with my Macbook, so it's not an issue of distance from my computer or hardware issues it seems.

If anyone has any ideas on what to do next it would be much appreciated.

Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    How did you try to update to latest drivers?
    Also, provide the HWID of both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi adapter. 
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Zora
    Updated by going to Device Manager and searching automatically for a newer driver.

Also I don't have a Wi-Fi or a Bluetooth adapter. Unless I am somehow misunderstanding you.

• Zora
    Aaaaand it seems like I've resolved my own problem! Apparently the headphones were trying to connect to another one of my devices as I had it connected to the Helios 300. I tried turning off bluetooth on it and boom, issues gone.

No clue why the wi-fi thing worked like it did.
  • khayargoli
    khayargoli Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have the same problem, I do not know how you say you fixed it.

If I use my WI-FI turned on and blue tooth headphones (Currently using Sound Core life 2 from Anker) then there is stutter of sound but it goes away if I  turn off my WI-FI. 

:(
  • Zora
    For me, the issue was that some of my other devices that were nearby had Bluetooth enabled (that weren't actually using it). This caused some interference when I tried to use the headphones with my Acer laptop. All I had to do to resolve my issue was just turn off Bluetooth on my phone and my Macbook and the issue was fixed for me.

And like I said in my original post, Bluetooth uses the 2.4 GHz band, and so if you have the option to, changing your Wi-Fi to 5 GHz may also resolve the issue.
  • khayargoli
    khayargoli Member Posts: 3 New User
    aw... okay but that is not so great since there can be anyone with their bluetooth on...like in a coffee shop or a park. But what about the fact that if i use it with my other laptop or phone the sound is fine and no stuttering...
  • Zora
    Yeah I don't think there's much to be done if you're not at your house (at least with what I suggested).

I also had that thing happen, with my Macbook working perfectly fine with the headphones I had. To this day I still have no clue why there was a difference though.