Linux on the Aspire 315-41

_MADMAX_
_MADMAX_ Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 20 in 2020 Archives
Hi there ! i'm trying to install Ubuntu (last version) on my laptop Acer Aspire 315-41-R4HQ but i always get the same error message :

I have tried with others linux distribution which lubuntu and mint but nothing to do...there is someone that can help me ?
I'm using virtualbox now but it's really slow   :/ 
Thanks to all !

Answers

• Have you tried to update the bios to version 1.15? Have you tried to enable the noacpi command?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    you got an AMD ryzen cpu/gpu?

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gawain
    oh, well i was going to say if you have, then after live booting from the usb and getting the initial option screen, then press E to enter the GRUB editor, and add nouveau.modeset=0 to the end of the line that starts with linux. After you've added it, press F10 to boot.  Just to see if it'll live boot okay.  
  • With this command you will be temporarily disabling the dedicated amd video card. However, have you tested my previous suggestion?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• _MADMAX_
    _MADMAX_ Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes i have updated BIOS to latest version available but I have not tried with noacpi command
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    According to this discussion, if you update BIOS to 1.15 as @egydiocoelho said, it should solve the problem.  But I only skimmed the comments.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Gawain
    yep, that's the point, then you can add the driver for your card under settings and "non-free drivers" (or indeed tick the box during installation).    As an aside, with the virtualbox slowness, I'm not sure if you've changed the settings but a new vm gets configured for just one cpu/thread.   To change it to more, highlight the machine you want to change, click settings, system, then change it - I find half the threads/cpu's works nicely normally.  
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    As @egydiocoelho said......

I'm not an Acer employee.