Swift 1 (SF113-31-P5C) - Please Help! Need Multiple Opinions on this: Broken Hinge on Acer Swift 1!

3MetreFlatty
3MetreFlatty Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2020 in Swift and Spin Series
Roughly two weeks ago, I opened up my Acer Swift 1 (an older model i know) and noticed a slight resistance while lifting the lid. I checked the hinge and saw a small 2mm gap between the two connecting pieces on the right hinge area. It just got worse from that day on. The gap between the connecting hinges got considerably bigger and spread to the middle of the hinge area and worst of all, the screen frame on the right bottom corner started popping out. It's gotten to the point where i'm scared to use the laptop. Bare in mind the laptop itself works perfectly and luckily there has been 0 screen cracks or anything. 
Need To Know If My Warranty Will Cover This
Thanks Heaps Everyone!

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Nope, it's considered to be user caused rather than a design defect. Replacement hinges are available though, so you can fix it rather than tossing the system. Which model do you have?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Nope, it's considered to be user caused rather than a design defect. Replacement hinges are available though, so you can fix it rather than tossing the system. Which model do you have?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 3MetreFlatty
    3MetreFlatty Member Posts: 3 New User
    billsey said:
    Acer Swift 1 (SF113-31-P5CK) is the model  i have
  • billsey
    OK, there have been two different manufacturers of the hinges, Lidon and Lian Hong, but they are listed with the same part number, so either will fit.
    HINGE R - 33.GNKN5.004
    HINGE L - 33.GNKN5.005

• billykwl
    billykwl Member Posts: 4 New User
    I am looking for hinges for Acer Swift 1 SF113-31-P7Q4 and wondered if they would be the same as P5CK ones? thanks 
  • billsey
    Yes, all the SF113-31 models use the same hinges.
  • billykwl
    billykwl Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks billsey