Acer helios 300 - Laptop freezing and restarting when doing gpu-z stress test?? Whats going on?

TankConnors
TankConnors Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi guys...Another problem with the Acer helios 300 (2019)    

With everything stock..no overclock or undervolt...Ive been trying out the gpu-z stress test... I wanted to undervolt my GPU...  but...

I was watching a youtube video while I was having the gpu-z stress test on (to following along with the undervolt)...  and my laptop  froze and restarted..no blue screen or anything.....    

I then checked to see if it was maybe my thottle stop that was doing this..(maybe it had to do with cpu?)  so i closed thottle stop...  and tried the stressed test again..with a youtube video paying..and BOOM  ...same thing..laptop froze for a couple seconds and restarted...............

what can this be....  oh

PS......    Ive been playing witcher 3 and mad max with no problems...so far....     anyone know what could be causing this?   its buggin the ***** out of me now....

the temps are normal to when runnng stress test...its at about 70ish...

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,435 Trailblazer
    >>>I was watching a youtube video while I was having the gpu-z stress test >>> and my laptop  froze and restarted..no blue screen or anything>>>>>>>Ive been playing witcher 3 and mad max with no problems...so far....     anyone know what could be causing this?>>>

Yeah. Frankly, I don't think you should be graphics stress testing in the background while graphics multitasking in the foregound.   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ