Predator PH317 52 - Problems connecting to external tvs when routed through a HDMI scaler in a pub

Options
Jay365entertainment
Jay365entertainment Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi Guys, 

This is my first post, I hope you are all keeping well :)

I'm having issues in a venue I gig in after they changed all the screens onto the HDMI network, previously I used an HDMI to AV upscaler and connected by an RCA to RCA from the upscaler to the pub's video wall point. I have tried to directly plug the Predator PH317 52 into the tv without going into the scaler matrix system and it works fine. 

This is the screen I get when I plug predator in through the new system :-1:

I was thinking it was an issue with the Nvidia Ge Force GTX graphics card being too fast of refresh rate, as it was 144 so I changed it back down to 60 but this didn't solve the problem.
** The main graphics card in the predator is an Intel UHD graphics 630 

I've tried changing the sequence I plug HDMI in and I've tried rebooting with the HDMI cable already inserted but no joy :/ 

The strange thing is that my backup laptop Razer Blade Stealth is working fine through the new HD system. The Graphics cards in that are 2 x Intel UHD graphics 620 I've attached some pics of the display settings, I'm hoping somebody might have come across this problem before and give me a bit of advice :) 

Predator Display Settings

Razer Display Settings  :-1:

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When connecting the external monitor, did you restart windows? Sometimes, fast start up can cause this problem.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jay365entertainment

Tinkerer

Options
    When connecting the external monitor, did you restart windows? Sometimes, fast start up can cause this problem.
    Hi @egydiocoelho
    Yes, I tried to start windows with HDMI cable in and also tried with it out and I put it in after windows booted up  ..
    I also tried to restart windows with the cable in to see if that was the issue as I came across that problem before in a different venue but it didn't solve it in this case.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What happens when you press fn + f5 or windows + p and select only the second screen?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jay365entertainment

Tinkerer

Options
    What happens when you press fn + f5 or windows + p and select only the second screen?
    There is no change in the screen it still has the "loss signal" screen on screen 2 and screen 1 went black , I tried that yesterday & now I have this problem 👇 

** I was back in venue today & tested by plugging strait into the scaler to rule out the cable run distance being a problem (( scaler is a "Triax MOD 103T HDMI modulator to COFDM" )) , the predator screen just went black , it remained black until hdmi cable was plugged out. 

I had the same problem when I plugged the predator into the hdmi wall socket at the dj box , the screen just turned black this wasnt happening yesterday when the hdmi was plugged in yesterday I could still navigate the main laptop screen but screen 2 had the "loss signal" message.. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the device manager identify the external monitor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jay365entertainment

Tinkerer

Options
    Does the device manager identify the external monitor?
    Yes it does when I'm connected straight into the tv at home it shows 2 x Generic PnP Monitors, I'm not sure about connecting it to the pub system I never checked that when I was in there

** I did disable and enable the Nvidia driver to see if it would make any difference 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you provide the exact model of the monitor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jay365entertainment

Tinkerer

Options
    Can you provide the exact model of the monitor?
    It is not going out on 1 tv on the system @egydiocoelhothe signal is been sent to all the TVs in the pub through the Triax MOD 103T HDMI modulator, it's working fine when plugged directly into the TV, it's only when I plug it into the house HDMI the problems occur ( my screen goes black and there is no signal to the 2nd external screen 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is this monitor not being identified?

If this is the monitor, maybe the resolution is the problem, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jay365entertainment

Tinkerer

Options
    Is this monitor not being identified?

If this is the monitor, maybe the resolution is the problem, see:

No that's the resolution off the razer laptop that's working perfectly with the system it's the two display setting pics below that belong to my acer 👇

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the notebook display support gsync? If so, try disabling this function on the nvidia control panel. Also, try decreasing the display resolution and see if it solves the problem with the connected external monitor Triax MOD 103T HDMI.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jay365entertainment

Tinkerer

Options
    Does the notebook display support gsync? If so, try disabling this function on the nvidia control panel. Also, try decreasing the display resolution and see if it solves the problem with the connected external monitor Triax MOD 103T HDMI.
    I wont be back in venue until tomorrow,  I will try this out and let you know how I get on , thank you for all your suggestions so far 🙌