Helios 500 PH517-51-75T7 - Mouse and touchpad not working properly

markgarcia
markgarcia Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have a helios 500. I have a weird problem with the mouse and touchpad. When i left click onto the screen to refresh to takes a long time to display the window. I tried factory resetting the machine but still the same. Also tried changing the touchpad from the bios to basic from advance but still not working. 

Answers

• What is the exact model of your helios 500? Have you tried to install the I / O driver?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • markgarcia
    PH517-51-75T7
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • markgarcia
    It’s installed already. Still the same. What’s the best thing to do here?
  • Are there any drivers with problems in the device manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• markgarcia
    Everything is working properly. 
  • Have you tried to reset the battery by pressing the power button for 12 seconds?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• markgarcia
    Yes i have tried that one now. Still the same. 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi @markgarcia
    Could you please check whether the touchpad is in Advanced mode in BIOS, if it is, switch to Basic mode, then download the Synaptics driver from Acer support site(the link provided by @egydiocoelho) and install, go back to BIOS and switch back to Advanced mode and see whether it helps.