Boot priority on Acer Aspire A515-43

Arkroyale
Arkroyale Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just purchased an Acer Aspire 5 Slim and I have been trying to get it to boot off multiple devices that aren't the preinstalled SSD. The BIOS appears to be UEFI only with no legacy support, and following the instructions posted on this forum to change boot priority don't work as there are no options besides Windows Boot Manager. Neither my bootable Kubuntu USB stick or 120GB Kingston SSD with Windows 7 installed are bootable, despite both being viewable in Windows Explorer. Yes I have created a supervisor password, yes I have disabled secure boot, yes I have disabled fast boot. Yes, the USB was made with Rufus and is FAT32 with GPT partition scheme (UEFI non-CSM target system). I'm doing everything right, but nothing works. Accessing the boot menu from f2, f12 or directly from win10 startup options doesn't work. Only "Windows Boot Manager" shows up, but even then, Windows 7 isn't an option despite being installed on my second SSD.
I've completely run out of online resources and ideas, help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Answers

• Did you change the sata mode function to ahci?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jd50i
    jd50i Member Posts: 4 New User
    I'm in a similar situation, Acer Aspire 3 A315-34-P2ML WIN 10, trying load Ubuntu but only boot option is Windows Boot Manager.
    added supervisor password
    secure boot disabled
    fast boot disabled
    UEFI cannot be changed, blacked out.
  • Badsolution
    Badsolution Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any Solution??