Lag in Stylus NP515-15-80XS

Squiduardo
Squiduardo Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello. I am having an issue with Stylus' on my Nitro Spin 5. I have used the Wacom Bamboo Ink Plus and Nuvision Stylus'. If i try to drag it does not do a continuous line. It will do a click, un-click and then click pattern until i have tried to complete my 'Line'. Since it un-clicks it creates these dotted lines. I thought maybe it was Photoshop but it does not work with Windows whiteboard either. I tried to drag across my wallpaper and it still does this pattern. So it seems that is how it will input. I have factory reset my computer, updated all of my drivers on the device manager. Since i put a screen protector on my computer, it has gotten worse. If I use the stylus at an angle, I do get a continuous line. So I cannot pinpoint the problem. Please let me know what I can do. :( 

Answers

• Can you provide the exact model? Example G5-793-58VH.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Squiduardo

Tinkerer

Computer: NP515-15-80XS
    Wacom Ink Plus: CS322AK0A
    Nuvision Pen: 
    TPEN-H1BK
  • Have you tried removing the screen protector to see if the problem remains?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Squiduardo

Tinkerer

I used it before the screen protector and then after. After I applied the screen protector it has gotten worse. By worse, The pens must be tilted more at an angle to be registered. If you mean if I removed it after I Restored the computer, no I have not. 
  • Have you tried to calibrate the touchscreen and the pen? https://www.windowscentral.com/how-calibrate-touch-enabled-display-windows-10

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Squiduardo

Tinkerer

Yes I have calibrated it. Before my reset, I would calibrate the pen and hand touch then it would act funky. I would touch the crosshair but my touch would register across the screen. I'm not for sure if that helps.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Squiduardo

Tinkerer

I have changed the tips. The Wacom comes with 4. Is there a setting that could help with the clicking? If any of the stylus is pressed down or glidding it constantly left clicks. I have disabled the press and hold for right click in case that caused it. 
  • Do these pens have an internal battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Squiduardo

Tinkerer

They do. One pen needs AAAA batteries which have been changed. The Wacom is charged via a usb-c. The battery is about 95%. 

I found out last night that on both pens if I push the left button, the eraser activates. When I use the eraser it does not have the same issues. It erases straight with no dotting. Also the curser does not shake or continuously click. 
  • Did this problem occur after any windows update? The same problem occurs, when you reinstall windows, pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Squiduardo

Tinkerer

I have not used the stylus on the laptop in a couple months. However it did work great before hand. There have been many updates with Windows so something possibly could of been something. After I factory reset twice the problem still occured. Is reinstalling windows something different and well? I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. Including HID touch screen (which the pen still works but touch does not). I have also done that to the monitor which is "generic pnp monitor" that is attached to my Intel 620 graphics card which has been updated. I have updated my blue tooth as well. Then restarted and issue still occurs. I'm wondering if Microsoft's MPP is reading my stylus weird. I know a recent update ruined some pens sometime last year but I thought maybe it was fixed. I read it from Reddit from someone who posted in Windows ink that worked for the development team. Is there an update I can manually do? 

Again I do appreciate your help and I apologise for all ramblings as I've researched this issue for days now. Ha! 
  • Did you mean that the touch screen is not working by mentioning this "(which the pen still works but touch does not"?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Squiduardo

Tinkerer

The touch screen does work. When I would uninstall HID touchscreen per some online instructions the hand touch did not respond. Thus showing I uninstalled the correct driver but the stylus would still be picked up when I had it to the screen. When I did that, It made me think that uninstalling or updating the HID touch screen would not help.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited January 2020

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Squiduardo

Tinkerer

I would not be able to use that. My Acer uses MPP. The drivers and wacom tablet properties setting require the components driver. 
  • Does the same problem occur when selecting tablet mode?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Squiduardo

Tinkerer

Yes it does.
  • Is there a service called OUC.EXE in the task manager? If so, disable it. See these tips too:
    https://ask.clip-studio.com/en-us/detail?id=6012
    https://forums.tapas.io/t/help-how-do-i-fix-this-very-peculiar-wacom-tablet-lag-issue/20897/10

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Squiduardo

Tinkerer

These instructions are for a wacom tablet. I do not have this program since the Wacom Tablet Properties does not support MPP. It won't even pick up the pen. Is there a way to move how the tablet reads the tip? Since it works great at an angle, I'd love to move that point to the tip. I'm not for sure if there is a way.