Swift 5 SF514-54T-75RV Keyboard back-light timeout

Options
IndianSandman
IndianSandman Member Posts: 2 New User
Dear All,
               Is it possible to disable the keyboard backlight timeout in the latest Swift 5 laptop. The latest bios version for the laptop is 1.12.
Thanks

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    No,the option is not available in this model.
  • FyreBoyeYT
    FyreBoyeYT Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    yes, it is not possible in this model to disable the keyboard backlight timeout. This model doesn't have that feature.
    robut - Loving Acer User

• IndianSandman
    IndianSandman Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2020
    Options
    All,
        I filed a feature request with Acer India asking for a provision to disable the keyboard backlight timeout and recieved a respose today(10/Feb/2020) that they are working on a BIOS update with the new feature and would be rolling it out soon.

Thanks
  • TonySpence
    TonySpence Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Unfortunately not in latest BIOS V1.13........
  • DhritishRoy
    DhritishRoy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I today only bought Acer Swift 5 model but my backlight keybaord is not working ,even after I tried with F8 button and Fn+F8 button
    Kindly help me out 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    @DhritishRoy which models of Swift 5 did you purchase? Some have backlit and some do not.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TonySpence
    TonySpence Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Another new BIOS release, and still no ability to disable the keyboard backlight timer. Come on Acer, it can't be that difficult!!!
  • rnbenoit
    rnbenoit Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    waiting for a Keyboard time out - any status
  • knox
    knox Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Any updates to this? A year later?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi knox,

May I know your issue plz.