Swift 5 SF514-54T-77V6 black screen

Henry123456
Henry123456 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2020 in Swift and Spin Series
Hi all,
Was using the laptop then closed the lid to shut down the laptop now when I press the power button it turns on And nothing, back key lights light up and that's it. Doesn't even boot bios.

I have tried the hold down power button . No success
The manual internal battery reset insert pin on the back on the laptop no success.
Even plugging it HDMI to external screen thinking it's a screen issue. No Success

Looking for additional solutions. I am away for work and this annoying since I got work to do. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance
Cheers,

Edited the content to hide personal information
Acer-Samuel 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    How long did you hold the power button? It can take most or all of the 30 seconds to fully shut off...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Henry123456
    Henry123456 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes I held the power off for longer than 30 secs for it to power off. Then press the battery disconnect motherboard via the pin hole for over 5 secs .
    Tried all different combinations
  • billsey
    Some of these models have a tamper resist button hidden under the drive door, if that's not pressed by the door they act like this. Any chance that's it? I don't have a guess as to why it would happen out of the blue like this though.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Vivek12345
    Vivek12345 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am having identical problem with my Acer Swift 5 SF514-54t-58QX. If anybody can provide a resolution, it would be much appreciated
  • @Vivek12345 I suggest that you create a new thread.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • KEITH1946
    KEITH1946 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Having same problem.  Did you solve your issue?
  • billsey
    As with the others, you should start a new thread since this one seems to have died without any additional info from the original poster. Include your full model number (SF514-54T-77V6 if that's the same as yours), the symptoms you are seeing and what you have tried already.
  • Vivek12345
    Vivek12345 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited July 2021
    KEITH1946 said:
    Having same problem.  Did you solve your issue?
    No. Living with it. Happens only for the first time I log for the day or logging after a long time
  • Gpowerz
    Gpowerz Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have the same problem since this morning on my SF515-51T. The light of the keyboard are working, the fan is working, but the screen is off.
    Nothing special happened before and it was working fine yesterday night. The only thing i saw for a long time now it''s like a grey round in the middle than we can see on white background (when the screen was working)
    I had tried to reset the battery and external display but nothing is working. The computer is 2years old and it's very surprising  for a computer of this price... Somebody had fixed the problem ????
  • billsey
    As with the others, you should start a new thread since this one seems to have died without any additional info from the original poster. Include your full model number (SF514-54T-77V6 if that's the same as yours), the symptoms you are seeing and what you have tried already.