No signal on Acer X27 using DP cable, please help

Memmi
Memmi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
I started having problems within the past few months with my monitor not being able to connect to my PC. The power light indicator on the monitor shows amber and then I see a message displayed "no signal." This only happens when I try to start my PC, it never went out while I was in the middle of something. In the past, it turned on after I restarted my PC a couple times. Then a few weeks ago it wouldn't start at all, then I tried it again and it suddenly worked. And then today it went out again. It still turns on when I connect it to my laptop through DP and to PS4 using HDMI, it also has no issues switching inputs between HDMI and DP in that setup. I tried different cables, unplugging HDMI completely from the monitor, etc. I have no idea why it works with my laptop but not my PC. The PC seems to be totally fine. Both the laptop and PC I run in 4k (PC has RTX 2080 Ti). The main difference I see right now is that the laptop has a refresh rate of 59 Hz whereas the PC was running on 120 Hz. I turned off all overclocks.

I appreciate any help!

Answers

• RudraAK
    RudraAK Member Posts: 4 New User
    its drivers issue.... All High end cards are facing the same problem 2080ti 2080 2070s RX 5700 XT 
    i have the same issue if i use G Sync / Free Sync,,,  try turning them off in the Screen

i have a XV272 U monitor.... 2k 144/4k 60 using DP 1.4
  • Memmi
    Memmi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, thanks for helping me out. I was trying to find the option to turn off G Sync, but I can't find it on the monitor's menu. I know I could do it using Nvidia's control options on the PC, but I don't know where that can be done on the monitor itself. Do you suggest I should hook up a second monitor and disable it that way?

Under Gaming on the monitor's menu it gives me these options:

Over Drive: Select Off, Normal, or Extreme.
    Over Clock: Default is "Off" Max Refresh: 144Hz

Both of those were turned off and I can't find anything for Gsync there.

• ekze
    ekze Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    It could be 20-pin DP problem. Google it.