Acer 5 nitro - is my laptop suporting hdmi 2.0?

Options
hdminoob
hdminoob Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited January 2020 in Nitro Gaming
Hi!
as the question follows.
Does my Acer 5 nitro NH.Q3XED.026 support hdmi 2.0?`i cant find in the specs in manual nor on internet if my computer supports 2.0 hdmi

The problem i having is that i want 144hz on my ext, screen plz help
/thanks

Answers

• hdminoob
    Options
    I have an gtx 1060 as gpu and an internal intel.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    I need I need your exact model number for example AN515-**

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• hdminoob
    Options
    it did not support 144hz cuz it has neither usb C with displayport alt mode support nor hdmi 2.0/2.1 since it has hdmi 1.4
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    Options
    hdminoob said:
    it did not support 144hz cuz it has neither usb C with displayport alt mode support nor hdmi 2.0/2.1 since it has hdmi 1.4

HDMI 1.4 does support 144 Hz but you need the correct cable, however it only supports 30Hz at 4k, please read this https://www.displayninja.com/which-cable-do-i-need-for-144hz/
    Also I believe from a previous Topic you started that you have AN515-54 which supports 144Hz @ 2560 x 1080 with the correct cable and Monitor and has HDMI 2.0b
    Below screenshots are from the Service manual for your model

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• hdminoob
    Options
    yes thank you, thus i have 2 computers with almost same name and therefore the 2 diffrent topics. i bought one computer then found another one much cheaper, so now i only have to choose between them  :) but thany you again for ur replies, most helpful!
  • uchitelq
    uchitelq Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    andylb said:
    I need I need your exact model number for example AN515-**

Hellp mate, I was wondering if you could help me out as well. My nitro 5 is an515-52-556b , can It run 144 or 120hz on an external monitor?
    Cheers
  • Pirok31
    Pirok31 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Hi ! Same problem here, but with a Nitro from 2015 : VN7-591G-72W0. I still love it five years later... But which are the HDMI ports ? 1.4 or 2.0 ? The fact is I can't find a way to play HDR videos from the Laptop to my Samsung QLEDd HDRk, even with a brand new HDMI Cable... Anyone ? 
  • Soprana
    Soprana Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Hello, could someone also help me identify if it is possible to connect a 144hz monitor to the HDMI of my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-76v7??
    I'm looking into the possibility of buying a 27 and or 32" monitor to use in games and engineering projects and I don't know if it's possible to reach 144hz on the HDMI output??