Tried everything...I can't install Predator Sense!... Help

Options
TankConnors
TankConnors Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Ive did everything..even did a Fresh windows 10 install on my Laptop...downloaded all the drivers    tried all kinds of different versions of PS...the only one I can download is the old red version one...that doesn't even have cool boost...or overclocking...       everytime I try to install PS it says     SORRY this computer doesn't support this!!!                 ive tried every solution I seen in this forum....   maybe someone can help me out?!

thanks                

I have 

Predator PH317-53      .....   and in my acer care center..is does have predator in the name....    so frustrated with this...

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The name is really wrong. Do the following:
    a) go to the plugs folder and change the name Predator PH315-52 to Predator H317-53. Or, change the folder name Predator PH317-53 to Predator H317-53.
    However, the correct thing is to correct the name in the bios. It can only be done through the Acer service center.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• TankConnors

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Options
    thanks..but no go..still get the  NOT SUPPORTED message..  😒

i even tried running the APPXBUNDLE file...and no go either   
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>Ive did everything..even did a Fresh windows 10 install on my Laptop>>>

Aye! I didn't catch this. Did you also wipe the hidden ACER recovery partition? The generic Win10 iso is NOT the same system as the factory version on the hidden partition. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TankConnors

Tinkerer

Options
    Well  The reason why I reset my laptop was because the Ps wasn't working   It was my last resort   .  I'm not sure I now what your talking about.    Is there a way to fix that?? 
  • JackE
    Options
    Check if you can reset the system to factory fresh state using the ALT+F10 cold boot method shown in the video below. If the hidden ACER recovery partition is still intact and the generic installation hasn't correupted it, I suggest that you try a full erase-everything factory reset. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TankConnors

Tinkerer

Options
    thanks again... but I did do a factory restore...I wiped everything out completely... and the problem is still there...  but.... I dont understand what you mean by hidden acer recovery partition?   you mean the blue screen?    on boot up?  because I did that..
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Even if there is a folder named Predator PH317-53, try changing the name Predator PH315-52 to Predator PH317-53 and see if you can install it.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TankConnors

Tinkerer

Options
    where exactly do i find this folder?   i just seen it through the acer care center.....
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When extracting the Predator Sense, go to the plugs folder.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TankConnors

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Options
    No go still...I changed the folder name...and its still saying sorry.......   😒😒😒😒
  • JackE
    Options
    >>> I did do a factory restore...I wiped everything out completely... and the problem is still there...  but.... I dont understand what you mean by hidden acer recovery partition? >>>

Do it again by the ALT+F10 cold boot method. The last time you did it was from inside Windows. The hidden recovery partition is a section of your hard drive that you cannot see from FileExplorer. That's why they call it hidden. It contains the original factory Win10 installation, all the ACER drivers, including the shipped version of PredatorSense. Just do it again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I know that you have already verified the model name in the Acer Care Center. However, can you confirm on the information tab of the bios, whether Predator PH317-53 appears in the model name?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TankConnors

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Options
    ya..under system infomation?     it does say predator  PH317-53............     

and 
     If I need to try and reset my laptop again..I rather just go without PS....     I re downloaded my games and Got my laptop the way I want it... I really dont feel like starting from scratch again...just so I can get PS..   😥😥😥
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Predator H317-53? Where's P? Can you confirm the name on the bios information tab?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In the bios, is it also written Predator H317-53 or Predator PH317-53?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Options
    >>>the only one I can download is the old red version one>>>

You can't download the other two? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TankConnors

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Options

You can't download the other two? Jack E/NJ-----
    no..can't download the other 2...  only the really old   3005 one....      it looks ascent   lol 

and   there is no P in the name...only   H317-53     .....hey   *****  how come there is no P in it????
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The answer is simple. The name is incorrect in bios and windows. Can you post a screenshot of the bios information tab?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TankConnors

Tinkerer

Options
    is this it?  you see...there is no P in the name..

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited January 2020
    Options
    No. Can you post a screenshot of the bios information tab? Example:

Edited the thread to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel

egydiocoelho Trailblazer