Something went wrong while upgrading BIOS on SF514

FewPewFte
FewPewFte Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hey guys, while upgrading BIOS on my Swift 5 something went wrong. When it boot after the flashing, nothing happens anymore. keyboard is lit but that's it.

Does anyone knows the steps for Bios Recovery via USB?

Answers

• I have seen a similar case with another model. Can you provide the exact model? Example SF314-52-536H.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • FewPewFte
    It is SF514-52 series, model no.  N17W3
  • The version of the bios you installed was 1.11 (BIOS Reviews settings to support Linux boot up)?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • FewPewFte
    Yes it was. 
  • It is not allowed to post any method for bios recovery. However, you can disconnect the rtc battery to reset the bios parameters and see if it solves the problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FewPewFte
    Should i take to a repair shop? 
  • If you don't have the right tools, you might want to send it to a professional who knows how to re-record the bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FewPewFte
    Thank you, ill do that. Share Acer denies information regarding this proceedings. Other brands make them public available. 
  • You can also try to just reset the battery, see:
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FewPewFte
    Thank you. I have tried this with no avail. 

Do you know the name that the .fd file should be?