Should I worry about a minor bent on the metal laptop back?

Options
SaurabhSwift
SaurabhSwift Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Recently my friend accidentally laid over my laptop at an awkward angle and the metal has bent a bit. Just a couple inches right to the acer logo. Would it cause any trouble to the screen or the overall performance or the laptop?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    So I think it was just superficial damage.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you provide the exact model? Example SF314-52-536H. I think users could help you better, if you posted a screenshot.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SaurabhSwift
    Options
    Model is SF314-55G 
    And this is the dent I was asking about

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did he check if the display was affected?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SaurabhSwift
    Options
    So far no damage to the screen and in the performance either.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    So I think it was just superficial damage.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SaurabhSwift
    Options
    I hope so. No damage to screen till now. Thanks for responding!