driver update aspire v 17

StevenA
StevenA Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an aspire v17 Nitro with and I5-6300HQ running Windows 10 ver (1903).  Games like WOW and others will not show up they said drivers were outdated before the latest updates.  Intel's website says there is a driver update for my intel(r) hd 530 graphics, but I get an error message that says driver not valid for this computer when I try and install and acer only has old drivers.  What can I do?

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Forget about your Dedicated Intel UHD it is for routine display and the supplied Acer driver is sufficient. You need to update your Discrete Nvidia driver which is used to run your games and setup your Nvidia Control Center per my walkthrough below

Please click YES if I answer your question, thankyou

Make sure you do this below and always game on 100% battery BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming, in your Windows Power plan select High Performance when on AC and in Nitrosense make sure High performance is selected under "AC" tab

1. Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here 
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

2. Go to the Nvidia control center and click Manage 3d settings tab, then click the Global Settings tab and change Preferred Graphics processor from Auto select to your Nvidia GPU, do this by clicking the downward arrow to the right of Auto Select and select the Nvidia GPU. Then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU. Do the same under the Set PhysX Configuration tab

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• andylb
    Please give us your full exact Aspire model number

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• StevenA
    Aspire VN7-792G
  • andylb
    Answer ✓
    Forget about your Dedicated Intel UHD it is for routine display and the supplied Acer driver is sufficient. You need to update your Discrete Nvidia driver which is used to run your games and setup your Nvidia Control Center per my walkthrough below

Please click YES if I answer your question, thankyou

Make sure you do this below and always game on 100% battery BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming, in your Windows Power plan select High Performance when on AC and in Nitrosense make sure High performance is selected under "AC" tab

1. Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here 
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

2. Go to the Nvidia control center and click Manage 3d settings tab, then click the Global Settings tab and change Preferred Graphics processor from Auto select to your Nvidia GPU, do this by clicking the downward arrow to the right of Auto Select and select the Nvidia GPU. Then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU. Do the same under the Set PhysX Configuration tab

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• StevenA
    Ty for the help
  • andylb
    Pleasure mate