If you are having issues with your Nvidia card, read this!! (Triton 500)

Options

Answers

• Tagaddin
    Tagaddin Member Posts: 22

Tinkerer

Options
    Unfortunately the black screen came out twice today.
    It appears to be happening more frequent when i have multiple applications opened simultaneously
    btw i am using the nvidia driver on Acer site, should i update to the latest driver? or would that make things worse?
  • Chucho
    Chucho Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Tagaddin said:
    Unfortunately the black screen came out twice today.
    It appears to be happening more frequent when i have multiple applications opened simultaneously
    btw i am using the nvidia driver on Acer site, should i update to the latest driver? or would that make things worse?
    Hmm dam yeah try update the Nvidia driver, I have the most recent one
  • SilvaGi
    SilvaGi Member Posts: 277 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    which models (mainly) is this happening with? Just so i know not to buy one ( no offence!) Sorry to hear you have these probelms
    Please Click Yes if Ive answered your question.
    Current: Custom Desktop Build (5800X, 16GB, 3070ti)
    Previous: Aspire 5 A515 44 R8RH
    (R5 4500u, 8GB, AMD Radeon Vega 6 iGPU)
    Previous: Nitro 5 AN515 55 (i7,16GB,1650ti)
    Thanks SilvaGi!

• Mido96
    Mido96 Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I've bought a used Triton 500 that has been treated very well but in the span of 3 months or so this weird thing happend to me 4 times (3 times in the last 24 hours).

I'm playing some video game (always happens in the same game - Team Fortress 2), suddenly my screen goes dark (turns off). I try to restart the laptop but nothing happens (VIDEO below):

The only thing I found out that helps is resetting the battery with a paperclip:

After resetting the battery laptop works as normal (until it happens again).

Is this the same bug you're guys experiencing?
  • Chucho
    Options
    Mido96 said:
    I've bought a used Triton 500 that has been treated very well but in the span of 3 months or so this weird thing happend to me 4 times (3 times in the last 24 hours).

I'm playing some video game (always happens in the same game - Team Fortress 2), suddenly my screen goes dark (turns off). I try to restart the laptop but nothing happens (VIDEO below):

The only thing I found out that helps is resetting the battery with a paperclip:

Sadly yes my friend... I recommend to you use the Nvidia option fix I added in a previous message, it's working for me, I have more than 3 months without a crash. Hope that works for you!

• Mido96
    Options
    Chucho said:
    Mido96 said:

Sadly yes my friend... I recommend to you use the Nvidia option fix I added in a previous message, it's working for me, I have more than 3 months without a crash. Hope that works for you!

You mean this?
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/964532/#Comment_964532

I always have most up-to-date GPU drivers.

If you mean this
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/962864/#Comment_962864
    I don't like this solution. I prefer to be able to customize my in-game settings rather than use nvidia sucky "recommeded" settings.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Mido96 There was a user who disabled this function in the predator sense:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mido96
    edited January 2021
    Options

That's the MUX switch, isn't it? Reportedly it gives you 5%-20% better performance (depending on the title) so buying high-end option and turning it off is kinda sad. Does Gsync even work if you turn that off?
  • Chucho
    Options

how do you enable that option? i am unable to view that:

• Mido96
    Options
    Chucho said:

how do you enable that option? i am unable to view that:

I may be wrong but if I recall correctly only 2080 (and 2070 perhaps?) has the mux-switch, 2060 versions doesn't.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Mido96 What is the exact model? Example PT315-52-58VH.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mido96
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @Mido96 What is the exact model? Example PT315-52-58VH.
    Mine is PT515-51-74E7 according to the box and just PT515-51 according to my Acer registered product.
    It has i7 8750H and 2080 Max-Q.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Mido96 I don't know if it will solve your problem. But there are two versions of the bios referring to the display, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mido96
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I already have the latest BIOS installed:

• Mido96
    Options
    I couple of days ago (after these 3 crashes in a row) I set max fps cap in nvidia settings but not to 120 fps as the first post recommended but to 145 fps. No crashes so far. I'll let you know if it doesn't help.
  • Mido96
    Options
    This happened again today, therefore capping fps to 145 fps does not work. Sadly.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What happens when you disable fps limit?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mido96
    Options
    What happens when you disable fps limit?
    So back to square one? Then obviously the problem obviously still occurs.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Mido96Try disabling batteryboost in the geforce experience.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mido96
    Options
    @Mido96Try disabling batteryboost in the geforce experience.
    Didn't work. For now the only thing that seems to work is disabling mux switch but the performance hit is too big for it to be an acceptable solution.