If you are having issues with your Nvidia card, read this!! (Triton 500)

Options

Answers

• Chucho
    Chucho Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Assuming that the problem is only solved after the battery reset, what happens when you disable fast startup in the windows power options or fastboot in the bios?
    I have been playing ESO for two days without any issue, maybe this is a solution. I also install the latest driver of Nvidia and delete all the settings of my guide and it seems si working for me (i just only tried with eso) could anyone confirm if this is working on another machine??

emonhazeentonnnLizzardWizzardegydiocoelho post?
  • Trueitt
    Trueitt Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Had this same issue on a new laptop - Predator Triton 500, i7-8750, RTX 2080 Max-Q - would only happen during really demanding visuals, specifically during Bannerlord 1,000+ unit sieges.

Was able to fix by doing two things:  Limiting FPS to 120 in the NVIDIA Control Panel and disabling Fast Startup in Windows Power Options.  NVIDIA drivers are up to date but I did not follow any of the steps from OP.

Hope this helps others!  Not really sure if it was one or the other but seems to have worked for me.
  • Chucho
    Options
    Trueitt said:
    Had this same issue on a new laptop - Predator Triton 500, i7-8750, RTX 2080 Max-Q - would only happen during really demanding visuals, specifically during Bannerlord 1,000+ unit sieges.

Was able to fix by doing two things:  Limiting FPS to 120 in the NVIDIA Control Panel and disabling Fast Startup in Windows Power Options.  NVIDIA drivers are up to date but I did not follow any of the steps from OP.

Hope this helps others!  Not really sure if it was one or the other but seems to have worked for me.
    There is a comment from @egydiocoelho I was able to fix all my problems by disabling the fast boot (bios and windows options) my last post was almost 20 days, and I haven't had any problem, please try that fix and post your comments. 
    btw, I remove the limit FPS to 120 and all the other steps. I have the most recent Nvidia driver.
  • RyderJ
    RyderJ Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options
    Hey Chucho, does your crash have a black screen? I will try your method to see if it helps me, but when mine crashes I get a black screen and my BIOS settings reset to default. Thanks.
  • Chucho
    Options
    RyderJ said:
    Hey Chucho, does your crash have a black screen? I will try your method to see if it helps me, but when mine crashes I get a black screen and my BIOS settings reset to default. Thanks.
    In some games yes! You should try the new method of disabling the fast boot! It solves all the problems.
    Also check if the game you are playing, is compatible with rtx, I noticed that some games have crash issues because of rtx technology. I hope this helps you! Bests!
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    Just to point some newer games are allergic to afterburner and even ts they can the devs inserted some kind of detection code to detect it and even windows 10 1909 doesn't like afterburner Microsoft basically banned it when detected crashes the pc just pointing these know issues anyway 😉

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• RyderJ
    RyderJ Member Posts: 7 New User
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Alright, I believe I have a different issue. My computer randomly gets black screens while it's playing games (mainly R6 and CS:GO). It happens completely randomly and sometimes I can play for an hour and sometimes only for 5 minutes. The weird thing is is that all of my BIOS settings reset to their default, and it changes the boot mode to AHCI which I have to change to RST premium with optane because I get a no bootable driver error. I've sent it back to Acer twice now and both times they couldn't find anything, the second time they replaced my motherboard. I can still hear my game and my friends in discord and can even still type in the game, but eventually it crashes and I have to power it off. I think this is a different issue than in this forum, but if you guys have any advice PLEASE lmk (I've been dealing with this for about a year now/a month after I got it and Acer refuses to give me a refund). Thanks.
    PS : I've tried disabling fast boot and it still didn't fix it.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    RyderJ Have u tried a factory recovery clean install backup whatever u need first and alt+f10 on boot choose delete everything option assuming your recovery partition its still intact and the first thing everyone should do when they boot it for the first time should be getting a 16gb usb drive and create a acer stock recovery drive via care center before windows updates anything 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Tombik_Doner
    Tombik_Doner Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    RyderJ said:
    Alright, I believe I have a different issue. My computer randomly gets black screens while it's playing games (mainly R6 and CS:GO). It happens completely randomly and sometimes I can play for an hour and sometimes only for 5 minutes. The weird thing is is that all of my BIOS settings reset to their default, and it changes the boot mode to AHCI which I have to change to RST premium with optane because I get a no bootable driver error. I've sent it back to Acer twice now and both times they couldn't find anything, the second time they replaced my motherboard. I can still hear my game and my friends in discord and can even still type in the game, but eventually it crashes and I have to power it off. I think this is a different issue than in this forum, but if you guys have any advice PLEASE lmk (I've been dealing with this for about a year now/a month after I got it and Acer refuses to give me a refund). Thanks.
    PS : I've tried disabling fast boot and it still didn't fix it.
    I have the exact same issue in r6 though not in csgo. Sometimes r6 doesnt blackscreen it crashes and sends a crash report then i get a BSOD saying power state failure. the 120 fps limit or the fast startup didnt help me either.
  • Edubencz
    Edubencz Member Posts: 71 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Im having the exact same issue with a Helios 300 PH315-52. I bought this laptop in april 23, and those problems started this month.

When entering War Thunder (or Grim Dawn), the game crash, the RTX2060 disappear from device manager and soon after get blue screen with VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR.

I've tried clean install (different WIN10 releases 2004, 1909, 1809). Acer support page drivers, older drivers, those tricks in the first page, limiting FPS, DDU reinstalls, changing monitor, different refresh rates, updating gpu BIOS...

I've noticed that those  games do not crash when im only on battery, or when underclocking the gpu. Seems there's something to do with energy consumption/performance spike.

For example, I can start war thunder on battery. Soon after the game loads, I can plug the energy connector. But that occasionally causes the error. But not always.

Other way is creating an underclocked profile in MSI Afterburner, apply it before entering the game. After the game is loaded, I change to default clocks and the game carries on with no problems.

I have several other games that never ocurred this error. All work flawlessly. (Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Bordelands 3, AC: Oddyssey, GTAV, Just Cause 4, Metro Exodus, Path of Exile, Star Wars Fallen Order, TorchLight III).

Some videos ilustrating the problem:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2yp5YqoP-s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_W7wLiYR6k

Does anybody has anykind os news regarding this? I've searched and encountered several other people with this problem, but never a solution... 
  • Jasonchino123
    Jasonchino123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Has someone found a permanent fix for this problem yet? I've been having this problem for half a year now and still have not found a permanent solution. 
  • Edubencz
    Options
    Has someone found a permanent fix for this problem yet? I've been having this problem for half a year now and still have not found a permanent solution. 
    What applications\games is causing this problem?
  • Edubencz
    Options
    Could this problem be caused by underdimensioned power supply?

Could 180w be to little.. i noticed many graphical demanding games drain battery even with the power supply connected. 
  • Chucho
    Options
    No man, there is no solution for these issues :( the only fix that is helping me (and others) is to remove the fastboot and limited your FPS
  • Edubencz
    Options
    Chucho said:
    No man, there is no solution for these issues :( the only fix that is helping me (and others) is to remove the fastboot and limited your FPS
    I tried limiting the fps via Nvidia control panel, but War Thunder was still crashing. My best workaround is applying a heavily underclocked profile in Msi Afterburner (I even set a key shortcut), when the game loads sucessfully, I can turn back to stock clocks. 
  • Chucho
    Options
    Edubencz said:
    Chucho said:
    I tried limiting the fps via Nvidia control panel, but War Thunder was still crashing. My best workaround is applying a heavily underclocked profile in Msi Afterburner (I even set a key shortcut), when the game loads sucessfully, I can turn back to stock clocks. 
    Try to do it inside the game (if it have the setting) or by limited via Nvidia but apply globally and also by game.
    Did you disable the fast boot via bios (no windows option) ??
    I still have some crash playing elder scrolls online, but it happens once per week, before this configuration it was with all the games
  • Zipo0
    Zipo0 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited September 2020
    Options
    Ive got a similarly unique problem. My PT515-51 Trition 500 (I7 9750H RTX 2060) will often have a black screen after i run some games or put the laptop to sleep. So basically, sometimes when i put the laptop to sleep, or if i turn it off and then try and boot it up, the screen stays black or off while windows and the computer itself still run in the background. Sometimes the issue is so bad that when i try and boot up the computer or wake it from sleep, force rebooting it wont do anything; the screen will stay black despite me force restarting it by holding the power button down. The battery reset option doesnt seem to do much of anything in terms of getting the display to turn on and sometimes, when the screen DOES turn on, it'll get some white lines that freeze the screen giving me a black screen thats clearly turned on with windows running in the background. I've tried updating all the drivers and even looking at event viewer to see if anything's wrong, but nothing seems to stand out as a possible fix. I've got no warranty on it and feel like im pretty ***** over. Does your method work for this issue, Chucho?

Edit: Ive tried reinstalling windows before and this issue never happened when i got the laptop originally. When i added another M.2 ssd i began to notice the issue, but from what other people have been saying, the issue seems to happen regardless of the upgrade.
  • Chucho
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Zipo0 said:
    Ive got a similarly unique problem. My PT515-51 Trition 500 (I7 9750H RTX 2060) will often have a black screen after i run some games or put the laptop to sleep. So basically, sometimes when i put the laptop to sleep, or if i turn it off and then try and boot it up, the screen stays black or off while windows and the computer itself still run in the background. Sometimes the issue is so bad that when i try and boot up the computer or wake it from sleep, force rebooting it wont do anything; the screen will stay black despite me force restarting it by holding the power button down. The battery reset option doesnt seem to do much of anything in terms of getting the display to turn on and sometimes, when the screen DOES turn on, it'll get some white lines that freeze the screen giving me a black screen thats clearly turned on with windows running in the background. I've tried updating all the drivers and even looking at event viewer to see if anything's wrong, but nothing seems to stand out as a possible fix. I've got no warranty on it and feel like im pretty ***** over. Does your method work for this issue, Chucho?

Edit: Ive tried reinstalling windows before and this issue never happened when i got the laptop originally. When i added another M.2 ssd i began to notice the issue, but from what other people have been saying, the issue seems to happen regardless of the upgrade.
    sadly but no man :( actually my method is not working anymore.... lately I am getting a lot of issues during my streaming sessions (elder scrolls online + streamlabs) I am getting tons of BSD with this issue video dxgkrnl fatal error... I try updating the drivers and doing some works around I found on the web and nothing seems to works... This is a bigger issue with all the predator models and I think Acer is not doing anything
    @egydiocoelho or @xapimdo you have any update???

• jimgpayne
    jimgpayne Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm really curious about this, as I have seen a few folks complain about this on this forum.

I have an I7-9750 with 32MB ram, a G-Sync LCD, 2080 Max-Q, 1TB (NVME - not raided). I've had it since Mid-March and it runs games almost non-stop pretty much every day (I'm one of those evil people who use bots).

I also have updated to Windows Pro 10 and I am running 2004.

The only thing specific to my graphics card is disable the internal video card (by telling it in the BIOS to only use the Nvidia).

I have not limited my FPS; in fact they pretty much go all over the place, spending much of their time well over 100-140.

I use the nvidia game ready drivers. And I've even installed Nvidia broadcast this weekend.

I've been lucky to never have any of the issues that I've seen others report. So I am wondering if there is something specific to my setup above that has somehow excluded the cause of these problems?

Jim 

• jimgpayne
    jimgpayne Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    ohh.... I forgot to mention... I've checked my drivers and they are the DCH ones.