Has anyone set-up an Oculus Rift S on an Acer Nitro 50-600?

Ronnie5901
Ronnie5901 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
My son has an Acer Nitro 50 desktop (N50-600-UR15). He has followed all the set up instructions, downloaded Oculus software and drivers, but cannot get the headset to connect. Windows sees the headset connected, but the Oculus app does not. There are four DisplayPort connections on the back of the Acer. Does it make any difference as to which one to use? Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• What is the headset model? Have you verified this link? https://support.oculus.com/361335867538234/
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    @egydiocoelho my friend your link above is to the Rift he needs this link to the Rift S
    https://support.oculus.com/392708781514665/

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Ronnie5901
    Yes. Downloaded the drivers. That link is actually for the Rift, not the Rift S.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Yes. Downloaded the drivers. That link is actually for the Rift, not the Rift S.

Link for the Rift S

https://support.oculus.com/392708781514665/

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Assuming the problem still persists, what is the headset model?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ronnie5901
    It's the Oculus Rift S model.
  • Is it possible that you need to activate the oculus program here?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer