XB271HU BMIPRZ dead? (out of warranty)

kasvi
kasvi Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
I have an issue with this monitor.  Problems started few months back.. Im out of warranty. First the monitor didnt pick up signal. It had to be on for hours to work properly. Now it's completely dead. Just blue light when you turn it on. Nothing else happens. No predator logo, no OSD or anything.

Any idea what has happened? Power supply gone? Is there a service manual for this model.. would be nice to check if the power supply works as intended. 

Answers

• kasvi
    Any ideas? Seems to be lots of problems with this monitor.. 600€ monitor should last more than 3 years! 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    It is possible the power board (Acer part number 55.T4TM3.003) has gone bad. It's also possible the cable that goes from the power board to the main board has come disconnected. Lastly the power circuit may be just fine, but the main board has gone bad. I don't know of any easy ways to test which, if any, of these it might be...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kasvi
    edited January 2020
    Yeah.. One or both of the boards are gone. Service manual would be nice.. could at least determine which one is blown.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Yeah, they don't provide the service guides to the general public. If you are really comfortable digging inside yourself I think I have specs on some of the output voltages from the power board. That might help pin it down a bit. Or look on the surplus market and try to find one with a broken screen to swap parts from...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JCoole
    JCoole Member Posts: 2 New User
    Did anyone ever figure this out...just happened to mine.