Helios 300: Charger and Battery Drivers keep going Bad (Not "Plugged in, not Charging") G-3 572

Options
myfabi94
myfabi94 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Issue: When Charger is plugged in and Battery is between 90% and 100% (Starting Value varies, sometimes it starts at 90% already, sometimes only at 100%), the Laptop goes off Charge, depending in Load between 5 Seconds (while Gaming) and 30 Seconds (Idle, Working or Browsing). IT IS NOT "PLUGGED IN, NOT CHARGING", it goes fully of Charge, the Charger Symbol on the Battery Display disappears, Screen Brightness changes, Keyboard Lighting goes OFF.
Battery Life is Normal.

My Troubleshooting: Acer Internal Pinhole Battery Reset DOES NOTHING
Windows Key 30 Seconds Battery Reset DOES NOTHING
Resetting and Re-Installing Windows DOES NOTHING
Letting the Battery drain to Shutdown and Restart on Charge worsens the Issue (Notebook Emergency Shuts down with 10% Charge Left and no Warning/Exactly on the Warning, Restarting it on Charge, it shows 0% Battery after Startup and remains at 0% for up to 5 to 20 Minutes, then charges normally up to 90-100% without Problem (This is when Gaming is possible with Normal FPS and no Stutters), then the described Issue starts.
When the 0% lasts for more than 15 Minutes while Charging, the Problem starts at 90% already. When the 0% last for less than 5 Minutes it will go up to 100% Charge without Problem, and then the Problem starts.

I have now tried 3 Different Chargers: Original Acer that came with the Notebook
                                                    Off Brand Chargers from Amazon
                                                     Original Acer Brand new Charger
It happens on all Chargers.

Deactivating Charger and ACPI Battery Drivers solves the Charging Issue (Laptop remains on Charge, but then the Graphics Card will not Start or Run (Code 21).

While on Charge at 100%: Uninstalling the Drivers, Shutting Down the PC, waiting 5 Minutes, Starting Up again solves the Issue, until I take the Notebook off Charge to use it as a Notebook around the House or to carry it in my Backpack. 1 Second off Charge, and when reconnecting the Charger the Issue immediately comes up again.

Once again, Battery Life is Normal, while Charging the Notebook runs Perfect, until the Battery gets full. When the Drivers are inactive, the Notebook will stay on Charge, and when Disconnected will run just fine.
I would leave them Inactive if the Graphics Card would run without Battery Drives-

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-78VH. 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • myfabi94

Tinkerer

Options
    It's a G-3 572
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Has this problem occurred recently or after upgrading windows to version 1909? What is the bios version?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • myfabi94

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Options
    It even appeared on my old Aspire Years back, and apparently with the same Issues. I've been battling the Issue on the Predator for almost a Year now. It seems to come to Acers with Age.

I did change the RAM from 8GB DDR4 to 16GB DDR4 and it's running on two SSDs, the Standard 250GB and I replaced the 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Although this is not the problem, it would be interesting to verify that this button is being properly pressed by placing some layers of electrical tape:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• myfabi94

Tinkerer

Options
    I know the Battery Disconnect Button works, because when I press it with running Notebook, it Shuts Off.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In fact, you should keep it pressed all the time. That's why I recommend that you add some layers of electrical tape:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• myfabi94

Tinkerer

Options
    I do want to use it as a Notebook as well too.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Please execute this procedure:

The power interrupt button may not be properly pressed!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    myfabi94 if its a driver issue you probably need to perform a stock recovery clean install to completely rule out any software issues 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Chinu92
    Chinu92 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I am facing the same issue. Yet to find any solution for it.
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    myfabi94 said:
    It even appeared on my old Aspire Years back, and apparently with the same Issues. I've been battling the Issue on the Predator for almost a Year now. It seems to come to Acers with Age.
    Which Windows 10 version are both of these running on? It seems strange enough, considering your last line, that this issue is happening with many G3-572 users here, including me, in the last 1-2 months. I never had this issue with my Sony Vaio from 2011 running on 1909. It has far worse wear levels, like 40%, but charges properly and never disconnects, unlike my 2 year old Predator Helios 300.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • myfabi94

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Options
    Weirdly what it does now is: It will show 99% and Charge Symbol and then for a Split Second Show 94% Plugged In, and then show 99% again while switching Charge on and Off.
  • myfabi94

Tinkerer

Options
    It also now doesn't prompt me to Restart the Notebook to Uninstall Battery Drivers and Charger anymore. I can just uninstall them and everything then just runs fine until I start the Notebook up again.
  • myfabi94

Tinkerer

Options
    It's showing two different Readings for Charge, WTF is going on? Sometimes it's showing 93% now, just to then jump to 99 or 100% Percent.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Have you tried a different battery?

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• myfabi94

Tinkerer

Options
    andylb said:
    Have you tried a different battery?

Nope, but I have removed the internal Battery now and am just running on Plugged in while waiting for a new one.
  • migazi
    migazi Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I am also facing this issue but on a newer (2019 17 inch) Predator 300. Have gone through 3 chargers, and all of them lasted less than 3 months. What is the solution?