next@acer 2020

Aspire c22-760 flickering screen issue

RhyboRhybo Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

On start up the screen is red then starts flickering. When it boots up there are lines across the screen and icons are flickering. Anyone have a clue what the issue is?

FAQ & Answers

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 54,227 Trailblazer
    Does the problem occur when you access the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RhyboRhybo Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Does the problem occur when you access the bios?
    How do I go about checking that? Sorry I'm a bit of a novice these days. 
    Once you turn on the notebook, press f2 to enter the bios. Also check if the same problem occurs on an external monitor or tv.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Tinkerer

Once you turn on the notebook, press f2 to enter the bios. Also check if the same problem occurs on an external monitor or tv.
    This isn't a notebook. It's an all in one pc. Does that matter?
    OK! Even so, it is interesting to check if the problem occurs in bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Tinkerer

OK! Even so, it is interesting to check if the problem occurs in bios.
    Can't get into bios sorry. Going straight to password screen. 
    To activate the BIOS Utility, press Del during POST (when Acer logo is prompted on the center of screen).

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Tinkerer

To activate the BIOS Utility, press Del during POST (when Acer logo is prompted on the center of screen).
    Ok in bios and it's only flickering at the top and bottom of the screen. The rest is fine. 
    Can you record a problem video and post on youtube? It would be interesting to see the problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Tinkerer

Have you checked if decreasing the update rate, if it solves the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Tinkerer

Have you checked if decreasing the update rate, if it solves the problem?
    How do you do that?
    Check here my friend:
    Resultado de imagem para refresh rate

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Tinkerer

Check here my friend:
    Resultado de imagem para refresh rate
    It's set at 60hz and I'm unable to change it. 
    Have you tried to lower the resolution?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Tinkerer

Have you tried to lower the resolution?
    Yes and it's the same. 
    Has this problem occurred recently, after some windows update? Does the display flash when you enter the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Tinkerer

edited January 24
    Has this problem occurred recently, after some windows update? Does the display flash when you enter the bios?
    There was an update a couple of weeks ago. In bios the blue parts are flickering. 

Edited the thread to hide sensitive information 
    Acer-Samuel
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 10,946 Trailblazer
    Does it also show up if all lights in the room are off?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Does it also show up if all lights in the room are off?
    Yes