Whenever I have Freesync turned on on my VG240Y P monitor, I get black screens that last around 2-3 seconds which is very annoying. Turning Freesync off solves the problem but I want to use it because that's why I bought it. I only noticed it while playing games and never happens while doing stuff on the Desktop. It is really frustrating because I would really like to use this feature since I bought this monitor to use Freesync and my GPU does support it.
My PC Specs are:
- GPU: RX 590 Sapphire 8GB GDDR5 Nitro+
- CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
- RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHZ
- PSU: 700W Hyper 700
- MOBO: ASUS TUF x470-Plus Gaming
So far I tried:-
Using custom resolution in the AMD Driver (No luck)
- Updating the AMD driver (No luck)
- Rolling back drivers (No luck)
- Have put the monitor on "Never sleep" mode. (No luck)
- Installing the VG240Y driver manually (No luck)
- Tried to use AMD Enhanced Sync with Freesync on (No luck)
- Turning Color Depth to 8 from 12 (No luck)
Just got this monitor like 1-2 week ago and I've been battling with this issue since. So far I'm satisfied and also disappointed
with this product since it has 144hz, but I can't use Freesync on it properly...
Any help would be nice and appreciated.