acer nitro 5 - My GPU isn't performing well for the past week.

Potatoooo
Potatoooo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
So I have the acer nitro 5 with a 1050ti 4gb for more than a year and I love it. It has been working pretty good and I had no complaints until last week. I just got the new cod:mw and it was giving me a stable 45 fps on high settings. I played it for around 2 weeks but then the performance dropped. The frames started to go down for seconds and at some times I would be getting a single frame. I dont know why and it is the same on the lowest settings too. It hasn't affected other games that much but I can notice some lag in csgo or warthunder. Can someone help?

Answers

• What is the model of your notebook? Example SF315-51-58VH. Also, have you checked the temperatures?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    I've just dealt with the same problem from another user with your card, follow my walkthrough below and please click YES if It answers your question

Make sure you do this below and always game on 100% battery BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming, in your Windows Power plan select High Performance when on AC and in Nitrosense make sure High performance is selected under "AC" tab

1. Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here 
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

2. Go to the Nvidia control center and click Manage 3d settings tab, then click the Global Settings tab and change Preferred Graphics processor from Auto select to your Nvidia GPU, do this by clicking the downward arrow to the right of Auto Select and select the Nvidia GPU. Then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU. Do the same under the Set PhysX Configuration tab

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★