AN515-54-79EL - Acer nitro 5, what is the pink paste behind the fan.

Options
DS001
DS001 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited January 2020 in Nitro Gaming
Model Name: AN515-54-79EL 
Part Number: NH.Q5BED.072
Spec
gpu:1660 ti 6gb
cpu:i7-9750h
system: Windows 10 Home
so
I have tried to repaste my cpu and gpu few days ago. When i opened the inside and removed the fan, i saw these paste sit behind the fan. So i wanna ask what this is.

I also realized that i put too much thermal paste on gpu and cpu, which caused the tempeture increases. So i need to change repaste it again. Do i need to do something with this pink paste if i remove/open the fan again or can i just leave it as it is right now?

By the way, do i have to make the thermal paste as thin as it is in the picture?

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Don't mess with it, it is thermal paste around the chips. Follow this video to repaste the CPU and GPU and I would go with Grizzly Kryonaut
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vfoUkIazNA&t=63s

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• DS001
    DS001 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    andylb said:
    Don't mess with it, it is thermal paste around the chips. Follow this video to repaste the CPU and GPU and I would go with Grizzly Kryonaut

I did not mean the thermal paste. I mean these pink and cube shaped pastes around it the chips.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    Options
    DS001 said:
    andylb said:

I did not mean the thermal paste. I mean these pink and cube shaped pastes around it the chips.

I know what you meant my friend and as I explained it is a pink thermal paste around the cube shaped chips, leave it alone and do the GPU/CPU repaste using the video I posted as a guide. The pink stuff is also a thermal paste.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• 404rishabh
    404rishabh Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    @andylb Hey, so I don't touch the pink stuff right ? No need to repaste it or replace it with anything else ? You help is really appreciated, thank you !
  • ayush007
    ayush007 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    @andylb Hey, so I don't touch the pink stuff right ? No need to repaste it or replace it with anything else ? You help is really appreciated, thank you !
    Bro what were we temps after and before repasting it.....
  • Uparanjan
    Uparanjan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Bro i removed the pink paste ..what should I do? My lapi is temperature throttling.
  • nivreph
    nivreph Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Hi. I'm using acer predator and i'm also curious about that pink paste. When i repasted my helios, i noticed the pink paste looks inadequate and isn't distributed properly on the chips. Should i put thermal paste on its gaps